Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Im an addict - tools

Old 03-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Im an addict - tools

I dont know why but I buy everything. Even things you can borrow or rent like a coil spring compressor or a ball joint removal tool.

I bought a hand held Porter Cable router to use on one project. And a router bit set. Sitting on a shelf.

I bought a shop press to use on a Camaro bushings. $100 taken apart and put on a shelf to be used again....no idea when.

I have cases and cases of things on the shelves in my storage unit (no garage).

If i can justify it by saying "i need it atleast once" ill buy it.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
The money you saved by doing your projects yourself probably paid for the tools.
Now about all those tools collecting dust, I hate to see them go to waste. You could always send them my way. I promise I will use them and dust them regularly!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
This reminds me of when I bought a pulley puller for the supercharger. Still have to do the job but I don't know if il ever use that puller again lol

My father might borrow it here and there for work
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnicker2000 View Post
The money you saved by doing your projects yourself probably paid for the tools.
Now about all those tools collecting dust, I hate to see them go to waste. You could always send them my way. I promise I will use them and dust them regularly!!

the cases or boxes collect dust like new inside.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
Im right there with ya dude, not quite as bad as buying stuff that you can borrow or rent from Autozone, but I am ALWAYS looking for reasons to buy new tools. Power tools, hand tools, it don't matter I LOOK for a reason to need them so I can justify buying them. When I do, I don't only get the one little piece that I need, I have to have the whole set of em, like once I needed a torx bit for my Mustang, I knew what size I needed, that part was given to me in the walk through I was reading. But I drove right at 40 mins to get to a Sears store (Autozone tools don't cut it for me, I like CRAFTSMAN), I paid through the nose for a large set of torx bits. Yeah I could have made a 5 min drive to Autozone and paid 10 bucks for the bit that I needed but nope..... I had a reason to buy the set. LOL.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I too Have this addiction. I have Bought Tools that I haven't even used yet! I bought spring compressors that I still haven't used. I think it is a Better addiction than smoking and alcoholism because even if you never use it you still have something to show for it. I also don't like to through things away like scraps of metal and such because I never know when I might need something like it to maybe fix something else. I fear that I'm a hoarder like that. The Problem is that as a child growing up my father always had some piece of junk laying around that he could use to fix something else and for some sick reason I aspire to be like that. How ever sadly I just had to move out of the house I was renting and downsize to fit into an apartment. I had to let a lot of stuff go. It was sad. All My tools are in storage now and I feel vulnerable not being able to get at them.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I do it, too. I like good quality hand tools, Harbor Freight is good for things you don't use a lot. I have a 2-stage compressor and an engine hoist for crying out loud.

I also hoard anything mechanical or electrical in case I need spare parts. I do occasionally go through it and throw stuff out that has not been touched in a year or so, and it does not cause me too much grief. So I think I am OK.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #8
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
My grandpa dad and I both have this same addiction-were good on tools but Im still buying stuff we have 3 others of cause its a good buy, or Id like one to keep in X or for a backup lol
Old 03-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
I am seriously addicted to buying tools, and just the fact of having them. I can never walk into a store that sells tools and walk out empty handed even if i end up buying something i already have. Especially if its on sale i am buying it. Just today i went to Sears to get an attachment for my shop vac and ended up buying impact socket sets they had on sale even though i have about 7 different socket sets already. If my GF wasn't waiting in the car for me i would have probably found other things. Over the years i have accumulated 1000's of dollars worth of tools, and i keep them neat, clean, and rust free after use.

My uncle that is ASE certified is always trying to buy tools off of me since i have so much of the same stuff.