Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Built some cargo boxes, finally

Old 03-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Built some cargo boxes, finally

This has been something I've wanted to do for a while. With spare parts and new tools piling up I was tired of carrying around totes and having to dig everything out just to get to the bottom. Plus, with my subs and box for them added to the mix I virtually had no room to put anything in my cargo area. So I wanted to build tall enough boxes to store my large tool set as well as a couple spare cv's, and other spare parts and tools. I also wanted to build in my subs to get rid of the bulky box they were in. So here's how it went...

Driver Side

Ended up redoing the lid

Passenger Side

I'm leaving for Texas tomorrow for a 5 day wheeling trip at the LoneStar RoundUp so they ought to come in real handy. My future plans for them when I get back are to carpet the exterior and add a strut to each lid so the doors stay open when I need to use 2 hands to get stuff out. I'll post more pics up when they're done.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job. I would probably trade the padlock for a barrel lock design to keep the noise down.