LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Can I hose off my front door?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
If you need to pressure wash your exterior glass, be mindful of your spray pattern and PSI. I used to do side work for my girlfriend's uncle's power washing business and windows, especially large(r) can be shattered easier than you'd think. Avoid spraying high pressure, particularly in the middle of the window (should be obvious why), and as others have mentioned, when you hit the corners, move quickly so you're not forcing water places it shouldn't be going.

I don't power wash my front door, but I will spray it with a garden hose. Even a small pressure washer is too much pressure for an insweep door. I particularly would avoid pressure washing any stained wood front doors unless you need to and you've got the sweep down, lest you remove stain unexpectedly, or burn and chew up your door with the wrong PSI, spray pattern, distance from surface, style of sweep, etc,.

A quick and easy way to ruin a wood surface, if you're not familiar with how to do it.