Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Laminate Flooring project of doom!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #221
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Must be nice to be able to take your time and make everything perfect, thats not the case with alot of jobs i am on, time is money. But I'm outa that game now quit my job and i am getting into high end work, time do downshift
You're gonna have to change your mindset , lol
Old 05-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #222
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdikkers View Post
Those are two factors I must take into consideration...
Yep, definitely, i probably should have mentioned the downside to doing it that way in my previous posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You're gonna have to change your mindset , lol
Yeah lol, your not the first person who has told me that, i know i am capable of doing really nice work, i just need to find a good middle ground between speed and perfection, no more cutting corners. You know the game tho, certain jobs you cant afford to spend extra time making everything perfect. I am also going from working for multi million dollar companys that do residential work in bulk to a 3 man company working on high end homes. Ganna be a nice change.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #223
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, definitely, i probably should have mentioned the downside to doing it that way in my previous posts.

Yeah lol, your not the first person who has told me that, i know i am capable of doing really nice work, i just need to find a good middle ground between speed and perfection, no more cutting corners. You know the game tho, certain jobs you cant afford to spend extra time making everything perfect. I am also going from working for multi million dollar companys that do residential work in bulk to a 3 man company working on high end homes. Ganna be a nice change.
When you lose the facination with outright speed , versus being as efficient as possible , that's the best you can do

Quality work doesn't have to be slow , but very rarely can it be done at a sprint
Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #224
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
cdikkers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
Oz, I am guessing you would recommend against burning old finished baseboard material in an outdoor fire pit?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #225

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oz, I am guessing you would recommend against burning old finished baseboard material in an outdoor fire pit?
I wouldn't cook over it , that's for sure
Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #226
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
Quote:
My hallway REALLY pissed me off...Now all I see when I look at it is that wall curving in...
Old 05-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #227
Minimum Wage!

Quote:
I wouldn't cook over it , that's for sure
Well, I know better than that. It's just such a nice night and the gas station is charging 4.59 for a bundle of firewood. I could get another coping saw for that!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #228
Minimum Wage!

Quote:
Quality work doesn't have to be slow , but very rarely can it be done at a sprint
This may also be added to my sig...
Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #229

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, I know better than that. It's just such a nice night and the gas station is charging 4.59 for a bundle of firewood. I could get another coping saw for that!
I would burn it
Old 05-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #230
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you lose the facination with outright speed , versus being as efficient as possible , that's the best you can do

Agreed. I'm sure a mindset like this is one of the reasons you have a successful business.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #231
DLAV is on a distinguished road
Name: Denis
DLAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I couldn't agree with this more. I learned this from my dad growing up on his job sites. He always payed attention to the amount of steps that everyone was taking throughout the day. Think about where the saws are set up in relation to where you are working? Where can you stack material so you only move it once without it being in the way of everybody. Can you make more then one cut while at the saw? Think about what tools you are going to need when moving to a different area of the house and try to move them as efficiently as possible. What order to you need to follow to complete as task without backtracking.

I think about these things everyday. When i work with other people they are surprised by the amount of work I can get done in a day yet still waste a bunch of time on my phone. ha!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #232
DLAV is on a distinguished road
Name: Denis
DLAV's Tacoma Gallery
After writing that. I went to get a cup of coffee in the kitchen but realized i had ground the beans, filled the coffee maker with water, turned it on but failed to put the grounds in the coffee maker. THAT IS NOT EFFICIENT!!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #233
Minimum Wage!

Dumb question of the day, do I cope quarter round? Or do I just do two 45's on an inside corner? (Thankfully there are only two)
Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #234
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do 2-45's
Old 05-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #235

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dumb question of the day, do I cope quarter round? Or do I just do two 45's on an inside corner? (Thankfully there are only two)
Either way works on a square corner
Old 05-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #236
Minimum Wage!

One of my walls is 14 foot 2 inches, so I had to resort to buying a 16 foot piece of baseboard. I borrowed something a little bigger than the Tacoma and had to get creative. I really need to sell my bed cover...
Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #237
Minimum Wage!

I coped a corner...First one with the final product.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #238

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I coped a corner...First one with the final product.
Looking good
Old 05-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #239
Minimum Wage!

I now have a Dewalt blade on a Harbor Freight saw...I hope I don't get struck by lightning for that one...But man it make a much better cut...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #240
Minimum Wage!

I've got some corners near my fireplace that are 125 degrees and I don't want the trim to look like ass (Even though it's not really a noticeable corner). I'm stumped...