LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Laminate Flooring project of doom!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #101
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good to me, if your happy with it that's all that matters! Yea just run some caulk across if you want.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #102
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
cdikkers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
Alright, I appreciate the feedback. I am trying to get it pretty squared up, but I am not convinced the entryway is square!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #103
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdikkers View Post

I can't get this out.

It looks like it is all attached as one piece once I got that covering off. There were two long wood screws holding it down, but once I got those off it losened it up a bit, but I can't seem to do anything to remove it. Should I just install the flooring around it? I'd hate to come this far and have it look shoddy...
It appears to be shoe mold to me. Also looks like it's glued down. Liquid nails, maybe?

Quote:

I put in the first piece with the spacers and it lines right up with the threshold. I mean, RIGHT up to it.

Steps will be made to make that doorframe look a little nicer, but is this okay?
This will work fine. They make wood thresholds that will mount between the wood and the aluminum threshold you have there, to leave a nice finished look.

Something like this:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/1001428...0#.UWyLxMrNkS8

See if they have it in the color of your floor, and be sure the it's wide enough to cover the gap between the new wood and the metal threshold. Be sure to pick up some finishing nails, and a tube of liquid nails, and some wood putty if you don't have them already.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #104
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers

Well...it's a start...
Old 04-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #105
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well...it's a start...
dude it's on! good start. you've figured out how to put the pieces together at an angle and tap it until it levels out. keep it up.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #106
Minimum Wage!

When I'm adding the second piece to the row, is there a better way than hammering it into place? I feel like I am missing something...
Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #107
Minimum Wage!

And I just cut my first of hopefully not to many pieces from the wrong end. What's sad is I actually stood there for a few seconds trying to think of a way I could re-cut it to fix it...I'll save that for something else along the way...
Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #108
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And I just cut my first of hopefully not to many pieces from the wrong end. What's sad is I actually stood there for a few seconds trying to think of a way I could re-cut it to fix it...I'll save that for something else along the way...
Use them to start the next row
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #109
Minimum Wage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Use them to start the next row

I think it may end the next row...Or be a doorway piece. I haven't gotten to the hallway yet.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #110
Minimum Wage!

I just realized exactly what Oz meant. I bet he hates people like me...
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #111
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just realized exactly what Oz meant. I bet he hates people like me...
Wut

No hate involved brother
Old 04-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #112
Minimum Wage!

Well...I'm not sure if this was good luck or bad luck that they met the wall like this...
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #113
Minimum Wage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wut

No hate involved brother

All help is appreciated, sometimes I look back at what I wrote though and then I have a wtf moment...
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #114
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well...I'm not sure if this was good luck or bad luck that they met the wall like this...
Bad Luck. You needed about another half inch. That would give ya a 1/4 in gap along the wall also. Now when you connect the next plank to that one, you'll have to probably rip the one along the wall a little. Not a big deal. Looking good man. Looking real good.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 AM   #115
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Just one question. Are we having fun yet?

Looks great!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #116
Minimum Wage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniceptor86 View Post
Just one question. Are we having fun yet?

Looks great!
It's the most fun I never want to have again!

On a side note, I managed the hallway and a couple transitions. Pictures to come later...
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #117
Minimum Wage!

The dreaded moment, when you find out your measurements are square, but your house is not...
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #118

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The dreaded moment, when you find out your measurements are square, but your house is not...
Pretty common
Old 04-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #119
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ouch...
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #120
Minimum Wage!

So after doing battle with the hallway wall in a way I'd almost rather not admit, this happened...

And then I looked at the other side, and this happened...

So after a nice motivational speech from my wife about how this is not okay, this is why we should have had a professional do it, now I've ruined the floor, the house, the project, the flooring of her dream, and her life, we are currently residing in separate rooms and I'm debating if there is a way to fix this or if I should just tear it out and start over. It seems like there should be a way to fit something in the one lengthwise gap and secure it with wood glue or something. As for the other, maybe a putty or something?