Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Epoxy for Garage Floor

Old 03-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #21
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
What color did you get?
Dark grey, with the grey mix of flakes
Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #23
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I used to do this as a service. Done like 5 custom homes, 4 track homes, and a 5,000 sq ft shop. Tomorrow when I have some more time I'll go through the thread and answer any questions.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #24
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
Save this thread for later. Thanks for the info
Old 04-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #25
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought mine, dark gray with red and silver flakes. Going to do next weekend.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
NO!!! Lol to hard to clean...
I will second the to hard to clean with a caution, the smooth floors and vinyl covered extension cords are BAD JU JU doesn't matter if the floor is wet or dry. I "skated" about 4 feet stepping on one in a hanger a buddy of mine skated and went down smashed his elbow pretty bad. We got rid of those cords and a few air lines that were slick coated too just a warning.

Cypher
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #27
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
Just bought mine, dark gray with red and silver flakes. Going to do next weekend.

Take some pics. I purchased it and it's sitting in my garage till i get time to do it.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #28
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery

Attached Thumbnails
Epoxy for Garage Floor-photo.jpg   Epoxy for Garage Floor-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice. I like that you didn't go overboard with the flecks.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #31
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
How does Epoxy-Coat hold up to sliding a steel-wheeled floor jack sideways?

How hard is it to prep and re-coat worn areas?
Old 07-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #32
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
How does Epoxy-Coat hold up to sliding a steel-wheeled floor jack sideways?

How hard is it to prep and re-coat worn areas?
We did it in one of the mechanic shops at work and after about a year, most of it has worn away due to the constant dragging of snap-on roll around boxes in and out of the shop. Those guys are actually redoing it this weekend, I'm thinking it is a common issue as in one of our less mechanic-intensive shops, it got tore up pretty quick just from the roll around office chairs with plastic wheels in front of each computer workstation.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #33
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
We did it in one of the mechanic shops at work and after about a year, most of it has worn away due to the constant dragging of snap-on roll around boxes in and out of the shop. Those guys are actually redoing it this weekend, I'm thinking it is a common issue as in one of our less mechanic-intensive shops, it got tore up pretty quick just from the roll around office chairs with plastic wheels in front of each computer workstation.
I've used Sherwin-Williams commercial epoxy in a transmission shop, and they have to re-apply twice a year to some high traffic areas. Steel wheels and hard impacts from sharp edges seems to be what does it in. If I made some feet for my jack stands and made an effort not to slide my jack, something like this would probably hold up at home. I'm going to look at polyurethane coatings, too.