Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Need help removing this faucet. Seriously.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
asus611 is on a distinguished road
asus611's Tacoma Gallery
Need help removing this faucet. Seriously.

How the %*#$ do I remove this faucet?

First repair after buying my first place, already replaced shutoff valves with 1/4 turn angle stops, plus have the supply lines ready to go, plus new faucet in the box waiting to be installed.

But wait, the "oem" doesn't want to come out. Total plumbing noob here, anyone help out?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Unscrew handles and there should be some type of metal or plastic nut that's holding it on. That's my guess, I'm no plumber.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Its probably glued to the sink...
Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
Unscrew handles and there should be some type of metal or plastic nut that's holding it on. That's my guess, I'm no plumber.
ah maybe didnt think of that. do that and maybe it will fall right out.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Are there some small hex-head set screws at the back of those chrome fixtures? If so, loosen them, and pull off the chrome parts to expose the nuts securing the valves and spigot to the top of the lav counter.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
asus611 is on a distinguished road
asus611's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Are there some small hex-head set screws at the back of those chrome fixtures? If so, loosen them, and pull off the chrome parts to expose the nuts securing the valves and spigot to the top of the lav counter.
Found it guys. Thank god for Youtube. There was an allen screw INSIDE the center where the drain stop rod goes. Loosen that, remove spout, the rip off handles, rip off base, unscrew the second, hidden, secret allen, plus 5 more steps.

Here's the video, if someone else is in my same situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YmVVGdZeVk