LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Any woodworkers?

Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #181
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodsman View Post
I'm a self-employed professional custom woodworker. My work was 90% commerical before the economy went kaput and is now 90% residential. Can't wait for the tables to turn again. Here's a few sample pics.

Conference table in block mottled makore for an investment firm.

Plain-sliced makore wall panels and poplar (painted) millwork for the same place

Built in casework at the same place

Puppet Theater for a library in Maryland

Circulation desk for the same library in Maryland

46' x 22' desk produced for Bergen County courthouse in New Jersey

Store displays built for the New Jersey aquarium.

I have a mobile sawmill too so I can cut my own wood to use or resell. In this pic I'm sawing a clear cherry log from a dead tree at my brother's house.

Hope that helps get your thread started.
I just found this thread. I'm on TW all they time and still fine new interesting threads. Beautiful work I do have a question. I work in Bergen County NJ and I C U have done work there but live in IN- question is how do you get the work and do U come to NJ 2 do it or make it, ship it and then put it together. Again U do beautiful work - that being said there are custom cabinet makers in NJ so how do U beat them out. Thanks for any reply. Curious George.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #182
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosqeaux View Post
oooh... a woodworking thread! Love some of the stuff I've seen here so I thought I'd contribute...

The latest is a built-in entertainment center/bookcase/storage-thingy I just finished (the little wine rack isn't part of it--we just need to figure out where to put it):

I designed it using google Sketchup and went through lots of design changes along the way. It's a great program not just for working out a design but also figuring out how it will all fit together and the order of assembly (particularly since I don't do this for living and sort of figure it out as I go). Many costly mistakes have been avoided!

and a built-in bookcase with a display case I did for my in-laws:

And a kayak just for good measure:

I'm about to start on a trestle table using a 6' x 4' x 3" slab of wood I acquired a while back that's been sitting around waiting to be made into something. I'm not even sure what species it is, but it weighs a friggin ton.
"And a kayak just for good measure" way cool anybody can have a fiberglass kayak.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #183
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Thought I would resurrect this thread.

Not my handiwork (by a long stretch), but a housewarming gift from inlaws. About 12" tall and 8" across top.

unique, ...like the styling!