Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Any woodworkers?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #261
joshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Satcom
joshua721's Tacoma Gallery
Damp is the key to the entire comment
Old 06-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #262
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua721 View Post
Damp is the key to the entire comment

I don't care anymore , but damp pine or spruce will rot faster than damp cedar

It's a fact
Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #263
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...made a floor stand for my computer tower...

the cutout near the rear is to access the pull-out filter for the PSU intake fan...

...construction:
- pine frame,
- moulding is both pine and poplar
- panel is laminated pine (center) and poplar (edges)... also note the design allows for seasonal expansion (width-wise) of the panel. the edges of the panel float between the angled bracing of the frame and the stop moulding on top, and is only screwed to small cleats from underneath along its centerline...

...other than that, probably spent way too much time/effort is making a rather unimportant piece..

Old 09-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #264
Tacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to all

Name: Tyler
Tacokid11's Tacoma Gallery

Made my girlfriend a night stand with magic hat caps inlaid on the top...good project to get back into wood working
Old 09-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #265
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done tyler!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #266
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a nice stand. Why are the caps facing that direction though?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #267
Tacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to allTacokid11 is a name known to all

On magic hat caps they have sayings on the underside, she's always collected them.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #268
jknc is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
jknc's Tacoma Gallery

Deck at my wife's grandparents house.

My little one chipping in at the shop.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #269
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
nice table tyler!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #270

Thanks I appreciate it, rushed the bottom shelf to get it done, so I'll have to redo it at some point, but she doesn't notice
Old 09-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #271
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacokid11 View Post
On magic hat caps they have sayings on the underside, she's always collected them.
Cool! Thanks for the info. I don't drink beer so I've no clue.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #272
CW1027 is on a distinguished road

Name: Clayton
CW1027's Tacoma Gallery
New to this forum, but not new to woodworking. My dad opened his shop the same year I was born. I worked there anytime I could K-12. When I could drive I would even skip school or go home "sick" just to go to work and make money. I worked there through college and just graduated with my associates and am now a full-time employee. I love woodworking and I usually learn something new every day.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #273

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
I'm working on a custom built pedal board for a fellow musician I'm going to wrap it with some exterior grade carpeting for durability. I've never wrapped any of my work before, anyone have any tips/tricks?

I usually use oak, so I just stain things, but he wanted this wrapped from the beginning so it's got a lot of particle board.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #274
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Any woodworkers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknc View Post
I'm working on a custom built pedal board for a fellow musician I'm going to wrap it with some exterior grade carpeting for durability. I've never wrapped any of my work before, anyone have any tips/tricks?

I usually use oak, so I just stain things, but he wanted this wrapped from the beginning so it's got a lot of particle board.

I have wrapped sub boxes with carpet before and it is really easy, comes out very nice but that isnt heavy duty. If you go with something like that youtube some videos and you will learn the tricks, how to hide seems and wrap corners.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #275

jknc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I have wrapped sub boxes with carpet before and it is really easy, comes out very nice but that isnt heavy duty. If you go with something like that youtube some videos and you will learn the tricks, how to hide seems and wrap corners.

It's a bottom with a lid. I'll check out YouTube.

Originally he wanted leather/pleather wrap, but I figured the carpet would hold up better. It's a little heavier than the typical carpet I see used on sub boxes.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #276

jknc's Tacoma Gallery

Finished!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #277
joshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 09-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #278

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua721 View Post

wow, you've been working hard!... curious why so many, ...are those going to be gifts?.. Christmas perhaps?...
Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #279
6 all together 4 will be for sale. Timewise they go pretty quick longest spent on any of them is the first glue up and belt sanding them.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #280

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
I made a clamp rack to hold my clamps (previously lying around taking up space in corners, floor,..)

I wanted it to be strong, ...joinery is pegged stub tenons, and the center board/rail is half-lap dovetail and a pegged stub tenon (each side) to the side pieces...

I peg the tenons w/ some contrasting oak dowels...

placement...

Happy clamps!