LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Any woodworkers?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #21
1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light

1mrwatermaker's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a few things I have done...

buffet style cabinet. left door has shelves and right door pulls down for garbage can

laundry hamber , door pulls down and laundry basket is inside

entertainment center i did for friend

another one im doing for myself...(a work in progress) still got to make the two outside cabinets
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #22
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sub. dad loves wood working. he is looking into building a shop just for it. he just likes it as a hobby. and is now retired so other then the honey do. and my helping my brother at his house or something he does not have much to do. lol he has built a crib. i’ll see if i can get a pic and post it. It was the crib i used when i was little.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #23
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like we have a lot of talent here.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #24
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
This is exactly what I do now. I have several giftcards for sears and have already spent a ton there on various smaller tools. I was checking out the routers, bandsaws, tablesaws, and drill press' there. I have also checked the local pawn shops several times, and craigslist pretty much daily.

As far as space. All I have is one of those sheds you see in Home Depot parking lots. Red barn looking, double doors, orignally bought to store lawn mower and lawn equipment. Now the home of my hand tools and dirt bike. The only other space I have is right outside the shed door, under my deck, unprotected from any elements. I need a garage.
Sounds like you have more space than me but yeah I keep mine in the store room and pull them out into the garage when I need them!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery

Newish to woodworking but not new to building things.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #27
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
I make pens. Kits are cheap. They're easy to make - 3 or 4 hours start to finish. I give them away to friends and family.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #28
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I make furniture as a hobby in my spare time.

TV stand:

Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #29
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I would love to be able to make some decent furniture. I really want to build my dad a nice wine rack for fathers day, or his birthday which is a week before fathers day. He has a huge has and has tons of room for small pieces of furniture. And he drinks a ton of wine. I need some decent plans though, and better tools. And some high quality lumber.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #30
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
OPs work hands down BEAUTIFUL man
Old 04-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #31
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
I've also been known to make an occasional drawer unit . . .

for 80 series Land Cruiser

for FJ Cruiser

durability testing of the FJ drawer

I plan to work up some standard drawers for 4Runners, Tacoma pickups and Jeep Wranglers sometime soon too.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #33
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Sweet ^^
Have toyed with the idea of producing them in kit form as well for easy flat pack shipping . . . that would leave assembly and finishing choice up to the customer.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodsman View Post
Have toyed with the idea of producing them in kit form as well for easy flat pack shipping . . . that would leave assembly and finishing choice up to the customer.
I'm on my phone , tough to see in the pics , what is the case / drawer construction ? Baltic Birch plywood ?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #35

Quote:
I'm on my phone , tough to see in the pics , what is the case / drawer construction ? Baltic Birch plywood ?
Yes, I use baltic birch. It is slightly heavier than basic hardwood plywood but stiffer and better with screws. Joints are rabbeted, glued and screwed both on the drawer and the carcass.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #36
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodsman View Post
Yes, I use baltic birch. It is slightly heavier than basic hardwood plywood but stiffer and better with screws. Joints are rabbeted, glued and screwed both on the drawer and the carcass.
Very nice

I like using Baltic Birch myself
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #37
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mrwatermaker View Post
I would love to be able to build something like this one day. I can only imagne the amount of time that would take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

That wet bar type cabinet is awesome. Like I said before, I really want to build some kind of wine rack for my dad. Something like this would be pretty cool for in his house, or his cabin. What kind of wood is that? It looks like just a simple shelac finish?

Quote:
Sweet ^^
I wish I had a 4runner or fj just so I can put cabinets like this in it and and make it an expo rig.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #38
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That wet bar type cabinet is awesome. Like I said before, I really want to build some kind of wine rack for my dad. Something like this would be pretty cool for in his house, or his cabin. What kind of wood is that? It looks like just a simple shelac finish?
Thank you. It's all 1x3 poplar boards, no plywood. The finish is early american stain with minwax satin poly. It's a pretty flat finish, it looks shinier than it is because of the flash on the camera. The ice maker on the left is on rails for easier access, and the doors have frosted glass now.

My next projects are a coffee table, and a series of hooks and narrow shelving for our mud room.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #39
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Thank you. It's all 1x3 poplar boards, no plywood. The finish is early american stain with minwax satin poly. It's a pretty flat finish, it looks shinier than it is because of the flash on the camera. The ice maker on the left is on rails for easier access, and the doors have frosted glass now.

My next projects are a coffee table, and a series of hooks and narrow shelving for our mud room.
You wouldn't happen to have a set of plans for this would you? I'm sure you probably just built it off your head, but plans would be awesome. I would give something lke that a shot to build.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #40
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You wouldn't happen to have a set of plans for this would you? I'm sure you probably just built it off your head, but plans would be awesome. I would give something lke that a shot to build.
These will be a good start. I used them for general measurements to get started.

http://www.oldpaintdesign.com/2011/1...d-bar-cabinet/