Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Epic fail at building a shed

Old 04-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #21
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
haha i read through the whole thread yesterday. worth every minute. he's even got some timelapses... priceless! :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_XXh1WaG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtxx...ldhMJw&index=1
nice. i posted and said checking in from a tacoma forum.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #22
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
ok who let the Muppets run wild with hammers and nails?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Just awesome.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
ROFL. Believe me, my next door neighbor's shed isn't much better. I had a big 8x13' shed in my backyard that I needed to tear down to put in a garage. My neighbor wanted it, so he dismantled it one night with a couple hammers & a Sawzall & took it over to his place. Most of it is still leaning against a tree, rotting in the elements. But he did manage to build a small 6x6' shed out of some of it. And none of it passes code.

He used maybe 5 or 6 mismatched bricks for a foundation, and built up from. I offered him my circular saw, but he decided to use a Sawzall for his precision cuts LOL. Though I had given him both tar paper and a brand new roll of sheet roofing, the OSB roof sat uncovered for at least a couple rainy months. He got tar paper on for the next 6 months, and finally got roll roofing on after about 9 months. The door is held shut with a bungee cord. The black drips are from whatever he tried to use to seal up seams in the tar paper. He sealed the nail holes in the roof sheeting with a household caulk. It's a beauty!

The funny things is it was supposed to be a studio for his wife, who's a potter and needed a place for her wheel. He was hoping to run 220v electricity and water to it .. with a couple extension cords and a garden hose. Thankfully his dad stepped in before he did that. It's full of crap now. Don't think the wife wanted anything to do with it!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I would have to say that this guys skill level is roughly that of a few people in my carpentry class last year. I didn't know that there were so many idiots that didn't understand how to cut a piece of wood.

During one of our small projects, the weird nerdy kid in the class just stood there holding a board with lines drawn on it and stared at me for the whole week. The little shit somehow got a C for doing absolutely nothing.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #30
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Will the Thrill
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
That so-called "shed" is so bad its hilarious!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #31
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
OZ's favourite fasteners

That one screw on the right/bottom looks like a security screw. Star with the nipple sticking out.

Either that or he stripped the hell out of a phillips head screw.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #32
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
That one screw on the right/bottom looks like a security screw. Star with the nipple sticking out.

Either that or he stripped the hell out of a phillips head screw.
Could he be the only person in the world to have stripped a square drive screw?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #33
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Could he be the only person in the world to have stripped a square drive screw?
No , that can happen
Old 04-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #35
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Definitely seems so..just a landlord who is dummer than a box of screws..that he is possibly using as nails..
Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #36
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
So, how long will untreated 2x4s last on the ground before rotting?

priceless
Old 04-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetkind View Post
So, how long will untreated 2x4s last on the ground before rotting?

priceless
10 years so far
Old 04-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #38
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
10 years so far
you forgot them there? or you built something as pretty as that?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
you forgot them there? or you built something as pretty as that?
I built a " temporary " shed that was supposed to house some form plywood I have for a winter , and then I was going to take it apart , it's just SPF 2x4 bottom plates right on the ground

I built the one year shed 10 years ago
Old 04-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #40
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
The shed will stand due to the superior fastening properties of the #2 Robertson head screw.

I'm about to do my roof. Big question is, do the proper job.....or become famous on the interwebz?