Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Lawn Irrigation: Zones running 2x in a row

Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Question Lawn Irrigation: Zones running 2x in a row

My automatic sprinkler system runs two times in a row. I only have two zones. The system will come on as normal to run zone 1 then 2, and then does it all over again. I completely reset the control and still no-go. The controller is a Rainbird E6-C. I googled w/ no luck.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
My automatic sprinkler system runs two times in a row. I only have two zones. The system will come on as normal to run zone 1 then 2, and then does it all over again. I completely reset the control and still no-go. The controller is a Rainbird E6-C. I googled w/ no luck.
Does your controller have more than one program? You either could have multiple start times on one program or you may have start times on two different programs.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Does your controller have more than one program? You either could have multiple start times on one program or you may have start times on two different programs.
Probably more likely than a concentration of tachyon particles in the controller.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope. No start time for other programs. Also, no run time for other programs.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
fishbomb is on a distinguished road
fishbomb's Tacoma Gallery
We used to hide a blow out program in the clock memory. What type of timer?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Rainbird e6-c.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Does the controller have custom setting mode, mine has like A,B,C for custom mode, you could try that mode and see if it does the same way, also check all wire connections at the valves.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
podo74 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
podo74's Tacoma Gallery
got a soak time option that might be activated?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Probably not the case but on mine if it is set for say 150% of normal it will run though normally and then a second time as well.

do you have the manual for it?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #10
fishbomb is on a distinguished road
fishbomb's Tacoma Gallery
Just go get a hunter pro c clock and toss that rain bird controller in the trash
Old 05-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #11
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbomb View Post
Just go get a hunter pro c clock and toss that rain bird controller in the trash
X2
Old 05-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
My landscapers keep mine set similar, t runs all the lawn zones for just a few minutes, then does drips, shrubs etc. then back to the lawn for a longer time. They say its better to get it wet for a set, let it soak, perk up then water it again. Makes sense to me, it's green so I don't argue.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
My landscapers keep mine set similar, t runs all the lawn zones for just a few minutes, then does drips, shrubs etc. then back to the lawn for a longer time. They say its better to get it wet for a set, let it soak, perk up then water it again. Makes sense to me, it's green so I don't argue.
Basic rules of thumb for controller programming:

Clay soil: Longer run times, less frequency (days per week). Sandy soil: Shorter runs times, more frequent. Water slows down in clay and you need to give the water time to move down the water column and get the roots to follow it. If you only keep the top two inches wet, you won't get good root growth.

Cycle and soaks: As soon as water begins to runoff the landscape, stop watering, if you still need to finish a run, do a second start time or cycle and soak, (if your controller has the function), the second start time is essentially the same thing.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
are those pop ups hard to replace? I have one that dribbles water
Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
are those pop ups hard to replace? I have one that dribbles water
When it's off or on?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
When it's off or on?

Just when it's on.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Just when it's on.
They thread out, dig around the head a little bit and you should be able to thread it out, if you do it carefully you can avoid soil or rocks falling into the threaded pipe below, change over the nozzle from the old one to the new one, if you do get soil in the pipe, thread just the lower part of the pop up into the ground and turn on the valve briefly to flush out any dirt, thread on the top part of the pop up and aim the nozzle, done.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #18

Quote:
They thread out, dig around the head a little bit and you should be able to thread it out, if you do it carefully you can avoid soil or rocks falling into the threaded pipe below, change over the nozzle from the old one to the new one, if you do get soil in the pipe, thread just the lower part of the pop up into the ground and turn on the valve briefly to flush out any dirt, thread on the top part of the pop up and aim the nozzle, done.

thx