Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

What kind of aluminum?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of aluminum?

So I have a lot of 1/4" aluminum diamond plate laying around the shop. I was thinking of making skid plates out of it. My question is, is there a way of telling what kind of aluminum it is? My boss said he ordered it as weldable aluminum diamond plate. I'm not sure if this is the strong stuff or not. And I realize there's tons of different aluminum (alloy).
Old 04-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
On the smooth side is there any printed numbers? I usually order 5052 as it is a well rounded alloy, but there are other common alloys as well in the 6000 series. Problem with some of them is they're a bit stronger but they're more brittle and crack if you try to bend with a press brake.