LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Jack and Stand recommendations?

Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Jack and Stand recommendations?

Looking at getting a jack and jack stand (combo pack works as well) that I can utilize on both the camry and the taco. Now, when I weighed the truck right before a military move, it came out just shy of 2 tons (and this is with a couple gallons of gas and everything that can be removed, removed).

Should I go with the 3-ton jack and stands? Or would the 2 ton be sufficient?

If anyone has a set they bought of amazon/walmart/etc please post up a link.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
The jackstands I have. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunex-Jack...-Pair/19257202
Have used them quite a bit with no problems. easy to set up and they fit in my tool box.

Unfortunately I can be of no help as far as the jack goes because I have an old school floor jack from a farm auction many moons ago that my dad got when he was my age. Its big and yellow and weighs about 200lbs though
Old 04-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
For the truck, it is more height than wieght you need to worry about (the height you need will come with the weight capacity you need). Get a pair of 3-tons for the rear axle and a pair of 6-tons for the frame rails/front. You need the height of the 6-tons just to reach the frame rails, especially if you have larger tires.
Here is the pair of 6 tons on the rear frame rails during suspension work. In this situation, you would likely also want a pair of smaller 3 tons to support the rear axle, depending on what you are doing: