1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jack and Stand recommendations?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by theredofshaw, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Apr 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    Looking at getting a jack and jack stand (combo pack works as well) that I can utilize on both the camry and the taco. Now, when I weighed the truck right before a military move, it came out just shy of 2 tons (and this is with a couple gallons of gas and everything that can be removed, removed).

Should I go with the 3-ton jack and stands? Or would the 2 ton be sufficient?

If anyone has a set they bought of Amazon/walmart/etc please post up a link.

2. Apr 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    The jackstands I have. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunex-Jack-Stand-3-Ton-Pair/19257202
    Have used them quite a bit with no problems. easy to set up and they fit in my tool box.

Unfortunately I can be of no help as far as the jack goes because I have an old school floor jack from a farm auction many moons ago that my dad got when he was my age. Its big and yellow and weighs about 200lbs though

3. Apr 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    For the truck, it is more height than wieght you need to worry about (the height you need will come with the weight capacity you need). Get a pair of 3-tons for the rear axle and a pair of 6-tons for the frame rails/front. You need the height of the 6-tons just to reach the frame rails, especially if you have larger tires.
    Here is the pair of 6 tons on the rear frame rails during suspension work. In this situation, you would likely also want a pair of smaller 3 tons to support the rear axle, depending on what you are doing:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top