1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

John Deere acting up, then wouldnt start.. Help?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by TNDrew, May 2, 2013.

1. May 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    TNDrew

TNDrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    Sorry for the vague title and the non gear head description, Im not much for working on small engines other than a carb rebuild here and there on a weedeater or chain saw .. So heres the chain of events... I started mowing this morning and made 5 or 6 passes through my side yard, the grass was kind of wet but not very thick so it wasnt clogging anything up, and all of a sudden the sound of the motor and output changed and I shut it off. Tried to start it and it wouldnt. It seemed like it would turn over just not fire.

Heres what ive checked/done: Full of oil and gas (The slingblade does not apply here), spark plug was very black, so i changed that. Cleaned around all the pulleys and belts.

Again I apologize if the description is to wide or vague and thanks in advance for any help. It's an 18.5 B&S motor thats only got 43 hours on it. Heres the shitty part, warranty was 24 months; I have owned it for 24.5 months.

2. May 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Check the air filter.

With the low hours I would have said the plug should fix it. Last year I had this issue with my Craftsman mower. Changed the plug and it fouled out again the next week. Stupid me forgot to look at the air filter..SOB was clogged like you read about. I fired the mower without the filter and it ran like a champ..replaced the filter and no more issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top