Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Homemade Garage Work Bench

Old 05-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Homemade Garage Work Bench

Just moved into my new house and finally have garage space, I want to build my own work bench. Does anyone have suggestions, plans, how-to, or anything else? I want something for the back wall of my garage, with upper and lower storage, with a table top like surface to work on. Only major table top tool I have now is a vise, but will likely get a bench grinder soon.

I assume that I should attach it to the wall. I also may integrate my beer fridge into the work bench.

I also found these rolling pull out drawers for the bottom that look handy - http://www.familyhandyman.com/video/...e#.UYb6hZX4Pr5
Old 05-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i too am looking to build a workbench soon... there's some good ideas on garagejournal, ...also found some stuff on plansnow.com
Old 05-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
I also found these rolling pull out drawers for the bottom that look handy - http://www.familyhandyman.com/video/...e#.UYb6hZX4Pr5
I built this exact workbench a few months ago. I didnt do the table saw stand or the pull out drawers. Just the basic bench with a spot for the miter saw. Awesome and simple to build.

The slide out drawers on the bottom look nice. That might be my next project.