Notices

Transmission and lighting problem

Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
The Kid
fidrat54 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jean-Sebastien
fidrat54's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission and lighting problem

I post this here, but if it's the wrong place, let me know !!!
2011 Tacoma TRD 4X4 Automatic, Lift kit 3,5", I think I have some problems qith my transmission. When the truck shift betweeen 3 and 4, the truck give some little stroke and when he has finish is shifting, the little strokes stop. If I shift very fast, the problem doesn't appear... Another things, sometimes, I feel un rumble in the transmission, when I release the gas, they stop...

Another things!, I don't have any control on my light, the headlight and back light are always open day and night... if I turn the button to open or close somethings, nothing happens...
Old 05-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
The Kid
I have not engage 4WD on pavement, it's not my first truck but it's my first tacoma. My transmission problem is when I ride on a normal road...
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Your headlights are open and your transmission is a male that strokes itself, unless of course you shift quickly enough?

I'm thoroughly confused.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
The Kid
I don't have any control on my headlights with the normal headlight control... Normally, if you want to turn off your headlight and run on daylight you are normally able to...

For my transmission, when I accelerate slowly, I feel little stroke when the truck shift from 3 to 4 the truck shake a little bit. If I accelerate very fast, nothing happens... no problem...

Solutions ?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidrat54 View Post
I post this here, but if it's the wrong place, let me know !!!
2011 Tacoma TRD 4X4 Automatic, Lift kit 3,5", I think I have some problems qith my transmission. When the truck shift betweeen 3 and 4, the truck give some little stroke and when he has finish is shifting, the little strokes stop. If I shift very fast, the problem doesn't appear... Another things, sometimes, I feel un rumble in the transmission, when I release the gas, they stop...

Another things!, I don't have any control on my light, the headlight and back light are always open day and night... if I turn the button to open or close somethings, nothing happens...

If i'm reading this correctly (and i'm probably not) your getting vibration in the drive-line from the lift... might need to look into getting the drive-line angles corrected.
As far as the dash instrument panel lighting it's normal for it to be on during the day even with the headlights off... just not as bright.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
If i'm reading this correctly (and i'm probably not) your getting vibration in the drive-line from the lift... might need to look into getting the drive-line angles corrected.
As far as the dash instrument panel lighting it's normal for it to be on during the day even with the headlights off... just not as bright.
^^this is what i understood out of the OPs post...
Old 05-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
C'est un peu confus...

Quelle est votre langue maternelle, c'est le français ?
Veuillez poster votre problème d'information français et nous pouvons traduire. (
Old 05-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #12
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like the hydrolic shifting pin is getting stuck somehow.
Ever any gear grinding? Metal or something in the way mabye.?
As for the lights... maybe direct short. At least the run