Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

smoked a grinder, looking to replace

Old 05-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
smoked a grinder, looking to replace

Actually, I killed two angle head grinders yesterday...

I was cleaning up the top of a cheap, cast iron anvil and my 25 year old Sears Industrial angle head let out the magic smoke, (4.5", but NOT 5/8-11 spindle), and my even cheaper Chinese made 7" grinder refused to even turn.

Dewalt seems to make some very nice heavy duty 7" grinders in the $175 price range and here are my specs...

7", continuous duty, 5/8-11 spindle and I don't really need the spindle lock or guard that is adjustable without tools.

I also have a good Dewalt 4.5" grinder that got rebuilt by the local, authorized repair center, and that was about five years ago. It will take a cup wheel, but that is how I burned it out last time.

What do you guys like in grinders and why.

Howard