Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Can you ID this screw?

Old 06-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
Can you ID this screw?

I went to the hardware store to get a bit for my drill to remove some broken steps from my deck. They weren't able to ID this and told me it looked like a stripped phillips. I've since verified that isn't the case. Can anyone tell me what this is called?

Old 06-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
thats one of them canukistan screws
Old 06-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
MikeluvstheTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MikeluvstheTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks German.........
Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.mcfeelys.com/tech/faq.htm

he's in maine, im stickin with a canukistan screw.

OZ shoudl be here shortly praising this screw
Old 06-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post

OZ shoudl be here shortly praising this screw
Old 06-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screw_drives
Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
It's not a Robertson , looks like some kind of proprietary decking screw alternately it could be some sort of security screw
Old 06-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
1.)These are COMMON on all "HATARAS" boats.
2.)Many of the newer standup screwdrive decking drills are using this type fastener.

****** Square drive**** info follows

Americana Building Products 500-Count #10-2-1/2-in x 2-1/2-in Bugle-Head Stainless Steel Square-Drive Composite Deck Screws
Not Yet Rated Be the first to Write a Review
Price $84.79

Qty.:
Add to Cart Americana Building Products 500-Count #10-2-1/2-in x 2-1/2-in Bugle-Head Stainless Steel Square-Drive Composite Deck Screws
  • Item #: 212900
  • Model #: RDS250
  • Allows decking to attach to metal substructure without pre-drilling
  • Lifetime guarantee against rust and corrosion
  • For use with pressure treated wood, PVC or
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It's not a Robertson , looks like some kind of proprietary decking screw alternately it could be some sort of security screw

meh, ur right. didnt look closely enough at the non squareness of it
Old 06-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
PITA drive?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
2.)Many of the newer standup screwdrive decking drills are using this type fastener.

Americana Building Products 500-Count #10-2-1/2-in x 2-1/2-in Bugle-Head Stainless Steel Square-Drive Composite Deck Screws
Price $84.79

Qty.:
Add to Cart Americana Building Products 500-Count #10-2-1/2-in x 2-1/2-in Bugle-Head Stainless Steel Square-Drive Composite Deck Screws
It's not a Robertson
Old 06-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
Thanks for all of the replies. I checked into this square drive that newertoy mentioned but it looks more rectangular than a robertson but still not the same as this. Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post

Price $84.79

Qty.:
Old 06-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Streaker View Post
Thanks for all of the replies. I checked into this square drive that newertoy mentioned but it looks more rectangular than a robertson but still not the same as this. Or am I looking at the wrong thing?
It's not a Robertson

Is the whole deck screwed off with these screws ?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
Law Enforcement:
Ya, I bought the house with the deck but I am fairly certain its circa 2003...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It's not a Robertson

Is the whole deck screwed off with these screws ?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I'm going with square-drive that has now been mangled to it's own propriety shape.

Look at the pic

A stripped Robertson becomes round
Old 06-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Streaker View Post
Ya, I bought the house with the deck but I am fairly certain its circa 2003...
Interesting

Will a green Rob driver fit in the centre recess ?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #20
Law Enforcement:
benson you rock! rep sent