Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Jack recommendations for TRD w/ off road package

Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Jack recommendations for TRD w/ off road package

I am looking for a jack (pump kind) that can go high enough so I can remove the wheels or do whatever I need to do. My Dad has a Craftsman pump style, but at its highest point, the tire does not clear the ground. I would appreciate it greatly if someone could point me in the right direction! Oh, and I do have a couple of 2 1/2 ton stands and I know better than to get under a truck while it is on the jack...

I am just looking for one for convenience's sake. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
You could get a hi-lift. It'll come in handy on the trail as well.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
I sourced a scissor jack for a Gen 1 Humvee (dont ask) because it will fit under the rear seat, has a nice wide base, is rated for way more than my pickup, and happened to be brand new and free. That's for emergency use. In the garage you want a nice 2-3 ton, preferably an "SUV" type that has a higher lift. ***Just don't cheap out on your jack, otherwise you'll be buying a new one every couple of years.***

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools...e=snapon-store

I want this one because it's cheap, and awesome:
http://www.mactools.com/shoponline/p...ttle-jack.aspx

This one's pretty slick, because it'll get under the wife's car as well, but you'll probably need a hunk of 4x4 to get to the frame of your truck if it's lifted:
http://www.mactools.com/shoponline/p...vice-jack.aspx
Old 06-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
if i'm getting a higher cost jack..i'm going with either a Hein Warner or an AC hydraulics.

my buddy has the AC and it is truly the best jack i have ever used. ever.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i have an american forge and foundry jack..which is NOT made in america.

it works great and is low pro and lifts high..
Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
I have this floor jack - it works well and I have a small lift. 2-3" The jack is heavy.

Arcan Quick Lift Professional Service Jack — 3 1/2-Ton, Model# XL35

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5429_200345429