1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing tile/thinset for laminate install

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Amo-cat3, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Jun 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 [OP] Wizard Sleeve Master

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    TRD Supercharged 4.0 w/ 2.5" Quick change Pulley, UCON EMS, URD 7th injector, AFE Stage II intake, DT Longtubes, MBRP 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Vibrant Ultra resonator, URD Y-pipe w/ vibrant v-bands (Cat free), Walboro 255 fuel pump, SS Oil catch can, Aeroforce gauges, Icon CDC 2.5 coilover set at 3", 1.5" Wleelers Progressive aal, Light racing uca, 17x8.5 Fuel Anza 4.5" backspace/-6 mm offset, Kelly Safari a/t 265/70/17, scanguage 2, AMP electric steps, bed extender, Low-pro tonneau cover, 20% tinted windows/headlights/taillights, tacoma seat covers, Image dynamic sound system w/ Pinoneer avh3200 head, assrtd stickers................
    Need some laminate floor advice:

I just removed ceramic tile from my dining room (concrete subfloor) and pretty much have the thinset ridges scraped down. My concern is how flat does the thinset need to be grinded down for the floating floor (pergo XP).

The grout lines are lower than the patches of thinset, will these ridges cause the flooring to wave out?

Figured I'd ask since i have to wait until tomorow mornng to call manufacturer:)

2. Aug 17, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    it might have been easier to leave the tile and put the laminate over it

Products Discussed in

To Top