Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Need help from someone good with math or whatever this is lol

Old 07-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #21
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I used to think that until I worked 6 years at a steel yard/metal fab shop and then 2 more years doing masonry restoration on historical buildings.. I wish I would have listings more in my math classes and not have just been worried about getting a 70
Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjamman View Post
Luckily the math isn't too intensive! I used AutoCAD and drafted it out in under a minute - double checked it with hand calculations. Can never be too sure and I sure as hell will NEVER 100% trust any answer the computer spits out.
That's why I went through the motions. My mistake is exactly why I write it all down for work. I could be a professional at stupid math errors.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #23
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
I used to think that until I worked 6 years at a steel yard/metal fab shop and then 2 more years doing masonry restoration on historical buildings.. I wish I would have listings more in my math classes and not have just been worried about getting a 70
I assume that's directed at me?

All I have to do is convert pounds to kilograms, and adjust dosing for body weight. Pretty much multiply/divide all day long.

Rarely I've used the pythagorean theorum, but nothing too brain intensive.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
I assume that's directed at me?

All I have to do is convert pounds to kilograms, and adjust dosing for body weight. Pretty much multiply/divide all day long.

Rarely I've used the pythagorean theorum, but nothing too brain intensive.
I was not directing it At you. Was just saying I always had the same feeling till I really did need to know this crap lol
Old 07-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #25
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
this is easy math..

i was the worst math student in HS. in college, i got my crap together.

fun thread.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #26

Not done but got a good chunk of work done on them today mounted some temp brackets to bring it home for some grinding and cleaning up before I go back to the shop to finish welding the rest...

Let me know what y'all think

Old 07-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Looks good!
Thank you! Have been slacking so not done yet.. Building a ar right now also and kinda wrapped up in that and it's been hot outside.. Lol

Things I was not planning to do but I am now.. Welding clips all down the rail to weave para cord to hold on canvas, going to find some sort of Hd felt or rubber to help protect the composite rails when installing/removing on my own.. More pictures when I get off my lazy ass and go outside to work on it sometime soon..