Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Outdoor built in bbq

Old 07-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #41
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
lookin good! I like the stone idea better. My dad built this at his place. Not real stone but real easy to put up. We put in the hidden wood storage too.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #42
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for when I build my next house!!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #43
www.okledlightbars.com
zilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zilla68's Tacoma Gallery
looks good you'll love it when your done, my buddy loved his when we were done
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor built in bbq-5bdbb099884aa552c5516dd2ac960dd9.jpeg  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #44
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla68 View Post
looks good you'll love it when your done, my buddy loved his when we were done
Man that looks really good!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #45
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
great looking BBQs guys, I am jealous

So I moved the frame to the back yard and began to prime the whole thing. I went through 4 cans of primer and im still not done. I probably need about 2 more. After the priming, the TREX will go on the bottom which I have already cut to length

Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #46
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Sisters wedding and anniversary done so I can get back to work on this thing!

I got the trex put on today and then ran into a snag. Someone I talked to said to use HardiBacker for the walls, but I am looking online and it says that it isn't for use outdoors.

The island will be in the back corner of my patio where the table is now so it will be getting wet from the sprinklers. Can anyone recommend something waterproof?

Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #47
www.okledlightbars.com
zilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zilla68's Tacoma Gallery
is green board the same as hardiboard? I've seen green board used also.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #48
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla68 View Post
is green board the same as hardiboard?
No
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #49
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Densglass would work for the walls. I don't know what you're trying to finish the walls with but that's a good base layer and will withstand the elements.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #50
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
So I got a bunch done this weekend. I got pretty much all the cement board in place and cut. I have to make a hole for the gas line, one more vent and a receptacle then I can start the veneer!

Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #51
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
I thought you had said you were going to close up the ends of the tubes, so you didn't have any water issues inside them... scrap that idea for some reason or just forgot?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #52
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was a better idea that they were open for moisture to escape if any got in rather than closing it completely off.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #53
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
I thought it was a better idea that they were open for moisture to escape if any got in rather than closing it completely off.
I'm thinking you might be thinking wrong. Any moisture trapped during fabrication will be negligible but there isn't really a good way to coat the inside of the tubes to prevent future rust now that they're open. It'll be a long time before they start rusting out, but with open ends, it'll happen with time. Still an awesome build and I'm very jealous!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #54
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Like to see how it turns out! I really want to do one when I finish all my other projects...
Old 08-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #55
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know nothing of metals, I'm a wood guy... wait, don't take that the wrong way...

I just recalled you stating something to the effect of closing them off, and am/was curious what was going on.

Thanks for the updates though, love the pics, and semi-jealous that you have room for such a deal and I don't... is life though.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #56
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice Ronnie!

Sub'd
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #57
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm thinking you might be thinking wrong. Any moisture trapped during fabrication will be negligible but there isn't really a good way to coat the inside of the tubes to prevent future rust now that they're open. It'll be a long time before they start rusting out, but with open ends, it'll happen with time. Still an awesome build and I'm very jealous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGT View Post
I know nothing of metals, I'm a wood guy... wait, don't take that the wrong way...

I just recalled you stating something to the effect of closing them off, and am/was curious what was going on.

Thanks for the updates though, love the pics, and semi-jealous that you have room for such a deal and I don't... is life though.
I'll probably cap the exposed ones which are just the ones you see in the picture. The others are covered by cement board which will also be covered in a waterproof membrane that will be going on this evening.

Also before I covered them with the cement board, I stuck the primer spray can in each end and fogged the hole for about 20 seconds so hopefully it goes somewhat far back

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Sub'd

Like to see how it turns out! I really want to do one when I finish all my other projects...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Very nice Ronnie!

Sub'd
Thanks guys and I'm the sort of person with a few other projects going on simultaneously too. If I don't have any I just sit around and do nothing in my off time
Old 08-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #58
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I don't have any I just sit around and do nothing in my off time
If you need projects....

I need a welder (the tool AND the person)
Old 08-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #59
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Very nice looking grill area. For a guy who couldn't weld before this, you are doing a hell of a job
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #60
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good. What are you going to do for a top?