Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Outdoor built in bbq

Old 09-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #101
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I do the edges first since it has to go tight up against the substrate. You can then lay out your inside tiles to see what is the best layout - either center your joint or center a tile and work out from there to the edges. Lay both ways out and see which layout works best. You don't want to end up with real narrow slivers.
Good luck. It looks great so far!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #102
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Yes, I do the edges first since it has to go tight up against the substrate. You can then lay out your inside tiles to see what is the best layout - either center your joint or center a tile and work out from there to the edges. Lay both ways out and see which layout works best. You don't want to end up with real narrow slivers.
Good luck. It looks great so far!
I tried really hard to heed your advice, and it worked for most of it. I'm definitely not a tile person that's for sure lol. I'm happy with the outcome however, some spots are a tad wider than other areas and I also had to end up cutting some narrow slivers. They were towards the back mostly so that's good. On with the pics!

Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #103
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Came out really nice.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #105
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good! When do we receive the invites to come celebrate the first use?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #106
bmka87 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
bmka87's Tacoma Gallery
Came out really nice!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #107
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Came out really nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice job
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmka87 View Post
Came out really nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Looks really good! When do we receive the invites to come celebrate the first use?

Thanks guys, I'm happy (and somewhat surprised) with the way it has turned out. I grouted it today and it all gets buttoned up tomorrow when I get home from work. I better pick up something to grill!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #110
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
grill station build....bad ass

now you must complete the picture by adding in a tap
I dont think I'd ever get much use out of that, I dont drink beer often enough. If anything, the fridge will just be stocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
Looks great! Be sure to seal your grout.
I used an additive to the grout that supposedly seals it at the same time. I'll post up pics later tonight with everything all together, minus the umbrella...I haven't decided if I want to drill a hole on top yet.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #111
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that thing came out looking great! Nice work
Old 09-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #112
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm late for the party, but that turned out really nice!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #113
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
thanks all..and here it is! Late night pics was all I could get. I'll throw more up later

Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #114
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery