Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Garage Lifts at Home?

Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Garage Lifts at Home?

Came across this picture. Wonder who else has a 4-post lift in the garage?

Old 07-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
I will have come Sep. 20. My "garage" is a 32x48x16 ultimate hobbyshop that just got the floor yesterday. Will post pics when done!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
That doesn't seem like a bad investment at all... Iv'e always wished I could afford one, seems like a lot though.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have one at my house now that I moved out but I grew up with 2 in my dads shop they were 2 above grounds though.. Still get to use them and also my father in law has a 4 post.. It's awesome but people will always want to use your shop lol
Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #6
Lawn Dart is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Repair & Reclamation NCOIC, 166 MXS, Delaware Air National Guard
Name: Tony
Lawn Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I'd rather have a 2-post. That thing uses up a lot of floor space and you can't do suspension work.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Dart View Post
I'd rather have a 2-post. That thing uses up a lot of floor space and you can't do suspension work.
Most 4 post lifts have center jacks that can be removed and installed as needed (takes less than 5 minutes) and we use them to lift the vehicle by the frame to remove tires and suspension components. If you look around and check for deals, you can get them new for less than $5000.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently you can get a 2-post lift for less than $1900 in Canada. Of course, delivery and installation tend to bump up the cost.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/2...Lift/8316283.p