Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Recommend an electric impact wrench

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #21
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I got a Milwaukee corded 1/2 inch, because I don't have air (other than a pancake nailer) and couldn't justify all the outlay financially and spatially for air (as much as I would love it). Don't have the model handy, but's it's been great for removing lugs for rotations, really speeds things up. I plan to use it for other construction projects where it would help (big timbers/bolts). If you are interested, I'll dig up the model number.

It's a bit too bulky for some areas under the truck.

Konaborne got a cheaper one he likes, PM him, too.

I got a "Kawasaki" impact from amazon...it ain't no shop strength air impact but its built great and works very well.

Easily breaks lugs free, used it in my suspension installs...
made my life a fuckton easier, even has a small led built in to pretend like you need it to see how to fit sockets.haha

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00544...sr=8-2&pi=SL75
Old 07-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
milwaukee 2663-22 got one off ebay for 315.00 new, plus 5 year warranty. havent found any bolt that it wont brake free. 450 ft lbs of torque, and 650 ft lbs of brake away torque.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Corded recommendations are the dealt DW291. Or the Milwaukee 9020-20.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
joesmith is on a distinguished road
joesmith's Tacoma Gallery
I will basically use it for when I change tires, or for the occasional suspension job. Would an electric impact help with the crank pulley bolt?

Form looking at prices and availability of the products, I don't have the available cash for a large enough air compressor that will work with an air impact.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #25
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
heres my two cents. after building my truck, and working in both solar and semi fields.

electric is nice and portable, BUT not as torque and you have to charge batteries.
3/8 i use is snapon. ~$350
1/2 is hilti. ~$750 this sucker will break stuff, including 3/8" grade 8 bolts.

pneumatic is AWESOME, but theres some catches. mainly a compressor. mine is gas on my work truck, and uses 1/2" id hose and can maintain 130psi even with a 1" inpact on it.

both 3/8 and 1/2 impacts i use are IR titaniums, as i see most have recomended.
my 1" is also an IR, but i forget model off the top of my head.

Products Discussed in this Thread