LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

basement progress

Old 03-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
basement progress

I've been here a little over 2 years now, and I can't leave anything alone. Here is my basement when I first moved in:

There was something missing though.....

LIGHTS!

So within the first couple weeks I was putting can lights in.

there was still something missing though. I was thinking a pool table, but there isn't enough room really. Then I thought about a bar, went to look at some but wasn't impressed. Decided to try building my own then. Now before this project I had never done much more than cut a 2x4, let a alone any trim work. I figured I'd try it out though.

this looks like a good spot to me:

not much too it, just some wood...and can't forget the outlets and lights

here is the almost finished product:

I was going to skin all the corners with aluminum, but have decided against that now. I need to get some oak and miter them to the corners and I still have to get the doors on.

See all the bar progress pictures here: http://crawlinvette.com/bar
Old 03-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice...now you just need the stripper pole
Old 03-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Took a little 6 month break and decided to do some more work. That paneling had to go. Plus, it was FREEZING down there. I needed to do something. Tore the paneling off and found this lovely electrical mess:

yes, they just punched holes in the drywall and then ran bx through it. ahhh, so, naturally i now had to take the drywall down.

then I saw this:

I think I might have found the source of my cold basement

gap filler and great stuff like it shoulda been originally:

Re-did the eletric and I got some electric heaters as well

then some crappy insulation

now for the tv wall

luckily there was no gap like the other wall

one outlet ran with bx. that wasn't gonna cut it. then I came up with a great idea add a couple quad outlets so I wouldnt need any power strips:

Still didn't look right so I decided I should relocate all my stereo stuff to a rack mounted system and tear down the existing bookcase

OK, so maybe I Went a little overboard video and power on the top 2 boxes...then on the bottom I have side speaker/subwoofer jacks, power outlets on both sides (for subs), center speaker jack, and 2 quad outlets.

more insulation and great-stuff all the conduit to make sure there was no rattling:

then hide my lovely work with drywall-

tore the old bookcase out and was left with this mess

went to town

another electric heater, and soffit big enough to accomodate some more can lights

all my stubs:

all ready for paint

started my rack setup

i am going to have a glass door that not only opens, but slides into the space to the left as well. I am awaiting more funds for that the cardboard is so the cats dont jump around the jungle gym of a storage room

mostly all temped in.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow of the new speakers and the paint job. turned out pretty good, although the book-case and rack isnt finished yet.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! I love the fish-eye bar shot.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
thats pretty fawkin good for never doing any wood work!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
I like the conduit...are you an electrician or just a perfectionist? Or both? HA
Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #9
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Is it code for you to have the electric in conduit?

that bar looks feaking awesome!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, man. You do nice work!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
damn looks like a fun project
Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
Liam1234 is on a distinguished road
Liam1234's Tacoma Gallery
LOOKS GREAT, for not doing any wood work you sure do learn fast!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Great work!!! Looks awesome!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #14
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the words guys...really appreciate it. yes, it's code for all electric to be in conduit- the low-voltage stuff doesnt have to be...but how can you upgrade if you dont put that in pipe? For the video I ended up running an HDMI, Component, and coax all in that pipe. although all I am using is the hdmi because everything runs into the reciever anways.

yes, I am an electrician by trade