Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Musical house prop: with or without metal?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
BookKeeping is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
BookKeeping's Tacoma Gallery
Musical house prop: with or without metal?

Ok so i'm the resident welder for my Tech theater class. This year we're doing sweeney todd and the set in mind is a 1 story 8-11 house and a balcony on yhe top where sweeney will be working as a barber. Me and my teacher have been discussing using steel in a way to help make the structure more sound and to stop sqeeks. We'll use the steel as a skeleton frame and then hang the flats as walls from the steel. We will use posts to support the roof so nobody falls in and dies.

From what i know, using the steel is not gonna help, just add to costs and time. Im kind of hoping someone could help me out and give me some advice about this whole thing abnd tell me if im wrong. Any help would be awesome!! Thanks