Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

1st Home COMPLETELY RENOVATED!

Old 09-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #23
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post

master bath looks like it actually has a shower in it now!
outstanding!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #25
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery

I love this pebble floor look! but its not for me once its grouted so we just went with 3x3 of the same tile cut up I think it turned out nice. The top square is for the shampoos and soap and the bottom hole is for my fiance to put her foot in so she can shave her legs easier. Something we thought would be cool for her.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #26
grissom is on a distinguished road
Name: Peter
grissom's Tacoma Gallery
24 yrs old, bought and remodeled a house
Old 09-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #27
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well we have officially moved in and alot of stuff has been completed heres some updated photos:
Old 09-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grissom View Post
24 yrs old, bought and remodeled a house
Thank you !
Old 09-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMountainToy View Post
Very nicely done. Classy looking. Congrats on the house.
Thank you! It definitely turned out way better than my expectation -
Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
That house though! Looking great! Is it pretty much done?
Thanks! Its done as far as the big project items. But we still have alot of cleaning and unpacking to do along with just some decorating stuff.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #36
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlole View Post
I wish I had the skills to take on a task as daunting as fixing a fixer upper. Nice work.. hope it turns out the way ya'll want it.. Good Luck..
For the surface stuff, it's mostly about researching before you do something. My wife and I had no experience with it. I just google everything to death. If you're competent with some basic hand tools and power tools, it's mostly just finding the information and doing it. Then rinse and repeat as necessary. Start small and stay focused on one area until you build your skills. The ones that get into serious trouble are those who try and do everything at once. Also, know your limitations. I wouldn't mess with serious electrical, plumbing or structure unless I had someone there who knew what they were doing.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #37
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Huge update today got the house painted this weekend. Big upgrade!
House turned out nice. Did you do your own flooring?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
House turned out nice. Did you do your own flooring?
Thank you, no actually we hired a company here in Norco right next to my work called compared floor and carpets for the wood. Got a good priced so we figured we'd save ourselves the headache but I did lay the title in the kitchen with my dad and fiance.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Thank you, no actually we hired a company here in Norco right next to my work called compared floor and carpets for the wood. Got a good priced so we figured we'd save ourselves the headache but I did lay the title in the kitchen with my dad and fiance.
After my tile job, my wife said, "Let's never do this again."
Old 02-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #40
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
I see that you are 25 yrs old. Congratulations to you and your wife on being able to purchase your own home and invest in your future. Nice to see responsible young adults making good choices. You can probably tell by my comments that I'm an old fart...

I too have always been a DIY'er and can appreciate the work you put into your home. Nice job!