Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

1st Home COMPLETELY RENOVATED!

Old 02-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #41
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
After my tile job, my wife said, "Let's never do this again."
that's what I said after ~600sq ft of tile in the living, dining and hallway. makes cleaning it MUCH easier with two large dogs that shed like crazy. we got lucky that our slab was less than 3 yrs old and was relatively flat. only had one trouble spot to work out.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #42
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
After my tile job, my wife said, "Let's never do this again."
Hahaha believe me both my Fiance' and I were saying that afterwards!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #43
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
I see that you are 25 yrs old. Congratulations to you and your wife on being able to purchase your own home and invest in your future. Nice to see responsible young adults making good choices. You can probably tell by my comments that I'm an old fart...

I too have always been a DIY'er and can appreciate the work you put into your home. Nice job!
Thank you! I appreciate that, it has definitely been a great experience for both of us and really taught us how to work together and accomplish things that look extremely out of our league.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #44
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Great work! I noticed that you've got the same Shlage door hardware and shower hardware as me. That means you have great taste.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSkynyrd View Post
Great work! I noticed that you've got the same Shlage door hardware and shower hardware as me. That means you have great taste.
Yes sir! that was my fiance's choice lol shes got all the good taste I just put it in. lol
Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #46
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
Yes sir! that was my fiance's choice lol shes got all the good taste I just put it in. lol
Yeah me too. She picked it out, I put it in. Ive got a remodel thread on here, oughta check it out.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #47
bmka87 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
bmka87's Tacoma Gallery
Great Job! looks amazing!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmka87 View Post
Great Job! looks amazing!
Thank you! I appreciate it!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #49
8sm is on a distinguished road

8sm's Tacoma Gallery
My childhood home is now my own, we were thinking of selling it yet have thought of doing what you have done. I recall when the contractor built the home in the 70's he told my parents " this will be a solid built home like no other". I have to say, he was right. Back in the day, it was all about doing it correctly and with precision. You open up a wall in todays builds and you'll find lunch wrappers and spotty work.

You both have done a wonderful job, I hope you don't mind me stealing your lower pocket shower idea in the master bath for your fiancé. Like all of your other ideas, well thought out

Congrats to you and your fiancé, this is about as close as one gets to building their own home.

I'm now inspired to remodel after seeing your before/after photos. Thanks for sharing. Its funny how the answers come to you when you pray on them.

Best Regards........... 8sm
Old 03-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sm View Post
My childhood home is now my own, we were thinking of selling it yet have thought of doing what you have done. I recall when the contractor built the home in the 70's he told my parents " this will be a solid built home like no other". I have to say, he was right. Back in the day, it was all about doing it correctly and with precision. You open up a wall in todays builds and you'll find lunch wrappers and spotty work.

You both have done a wonderful job, I hope you don't mind me stealing your lower pocket shower idea in the master bath for your fiancé. Like all of your other ideas, well thought out

Congrats to you and your fiancé, this is about as close as one gets to building their own home.

I'm now inspired to remodel after seeing your before/after photos. Thanks for sharing. Its funny how the answers come to you when you pray on them.

Best Regards........... 8sm
Thank you for the kind words!

Yes the lower pocket we figured would be useful for many different things MAINLY for her to shave her legs lol. Please use any ideas you find here and also feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'd be more than glad to help you out on how we did something. I hope your remodeling is as fun and adventurous as ours was.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #51

Forgot to post a little while ago my dad, fiance and myself built a shed for my backyard. This shed actually killed two birds with one stone, first being that it got all my yard tools out of my garage and organized in here. Second it blocked the neighbors dog from being able to look through the cracks of my wood fence and see my little wiener dogs. This dog use to go nuts barking and ramming the fence when he saw my little guys. Now he cant see them or smell them so he doesnt do anything like that anymore. SO! here it is =)

Now just gotta put something on the roof and paint it...
Old 08-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #52

The Fiance and I have done quite a bit to the backyard recently check it out:

First we built a retaining wall on the left side of our yard:

than we built some furniture for the back patio: (still gotta finish the chairs and the rest of the staining)

Old 08-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #53
JayB27 is a jewel in the roughJayB27 is a jewel in the roughJayB27 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jason
JayB27's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job on the whole house bro. That's what I plan on doing when I get a house in the next few years. Whats the Wall for in the back yard?
Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB27 View Post
Nice job on the whole house bro. That's what I plan on doing when I get a house in the next few years. Whats the Wall for in the back yard?
Thanks Jay!

We put the wall in because the way the yard was graded it was very slanted and we had a little hill going up into our neighbors yard. So after leveling out the backyard we had even more of a hill. So we figured we would make it a planter and fill it in with dirt. It looks different than it does in these photos, we actually removed the left over grass you can see and filled the planter with dirt so now it looks more like a planter on the left than a random wall next to a hill.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #55
JayB27 is a jewel in the roughJayB27 is a jewel in the roughJayB27 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jason
JayB27's Tacoma Gallery
AHH, Ok. I was thinking it was something like that since the gate wasn't level with the ground in your back yard. I'm sure that looks 100 times better then the big slope you probably had.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB27 View Post
AHH, Ok. I was thinking it was something like that since the gate wasn't level with the ground in your back yard. I'm sure that looks 100 times better then the big slope you probably had.
It definitely does! really glad we ended up doing it even though it was a huge pain in the ass to get it level.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #57
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work Jeff! Feel good about doing it yourself and saving a boat-load of money too.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
Nice work Jeff! Feel good about doing it yourself and saving a boat-load of money too.
Thanks Mike! Definitely glad were saving money but definitely running low on energy lol.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #59
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Subd this is amazing what you've done to that house
Old 08-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
Subd this is amazing what you've done to that house
Thanks man I appreciate it.