Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

1st Home COMPLETELY RENOVATED!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
1st Home COMPLETELY RENOVATED!

About three months ago my Fiance and I purchased our first home. The house is ~1200SQFT 3BR/2BA in Riverside CA and it was built in 1989. We knew it was quite the little fixer upper but definitely underestimated it.

Needless to say we have been having fun gutting the house and rebuilding it the way we want it to be. Even though its EXTREMELY expensive

Things that had to be replaced due to damage overtime or non operational:
Master bath (rotted shower doors and tray)
2nd bath (cracked bath tub)
carpet throughout the house (was the original carpet put in the home in '89)
new paint (had not been painted since '89)
strip the popcorn ceilings (our preference)
(replace the tile in the kitchen (our preference)
new appliance (same ones in the house since '89)

Things to come:
Custom tiled shower in master and second bath w/ porcelain tub
New vanities in both bathrooms
wood floors
new baseboards
new furniture
new carpet in the bathrooms

and so much more I cannot list

Feel free to ask me anything I will keep you all posted on our progress.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

master bath

This is currently being worked on and is going to be the biggest change in the house
Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome progress man! My wife and I are going through the same thing right now. Bought a house from an elder lady whos husband passed away and she was in a wheel chair. Needless to say, the house needs MAJOR cleaning and repairing. We got a lot done but that "honey do" list is just getting bigger everyday!

Good luck though!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjamman View Post
Awesome progress man! My wife and I are going through the same thing right now. Bought a house from an elder lady whos husband passed away and she was in a wheel chair. Needless to say, the house needs MAJOR cleaning and repairing. We got a lot done but that "honey do" list is just getting bigger everyday!

Good luck though!
Thank you! and good luck to you too!

Ya the couple living in the home before us was always in financial troubles therefore they never did any sort of maintenance due to costs.

Nothing wrong with a little SWEAT EQUITY lol
Old 09-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #13

Heres a couple more updates of the bathrooms

Heres a picture of me and my fiance after hanging our new lights in the entry and hallway

Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
BigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: VAQ-130, VA-155 (Decom)
Name: Al
BigAlole's Tacoma Gallery
Wow......

I wish I had the skills to take on a task as daunting as fixing a fixer upper. Nice work.. hope it turns out the way ya'll want it.. Good Luck..
Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
Tang98 is on a distinguished road
Tang98's Tacoma Gallery
nice! what zip code is it in?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang98 View Post
nice! what zip code is it in?
Were up in the woodcrest/ orangecrest area.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlole View Post
I wish I had the skills to take on a task as daunting as fixing a fixer upper. Nice work.. hope it turns out the way ya'll want it.. Good Luck..
Thank you, its definitely been a little more difficult that we had originally thought but its been a cool experience thus far.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #18
Tang98 is on a distinguished road
Tang98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
Were up in the woodcrest/ orangecrest area.
Awesome! Hope you guys enjoy it when it's done, Good Luck!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang98 View Post
Awesome! Hope you guys enjoy it when it's done, Good Luck!
Thanks I appreciate it.