1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sound buffer/barrier

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by danteisme, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sep 11, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    danteisme

danteisme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    i'm looking at purchasing my first house with my fiance, i think i found one we both like. it is the most house we are going to get that has a garage in our price range. the lot is not 100% ideal but i feel its manageable. the house is a corner lot with a signalized intersection in the front and a cul de sac in the rear. the house sits up about 10-15 feet higher than the road itself, and the front of the house it self is about 40 feet away from the state road right of way line. i should also mention that the house is sited backwards on the property lol. the rear of the house faces the cul de sac while the front faces the state road.

while walking around the house, there is still a good bit of noise that travels through the house. this could be amplified though since the house is empty right now and there is nothing to absorb some of the sounds. my question is, is there anything that could be done to further reduce the amount of road noise besides a 6' privacy fence with some evergreen plantings behind it? i understand some noise will still go through, just becuase it is a signalized intersection so there is at some point going to be traffic sitting in front of the house. here is a google earth image of the house.

Untitled-1_zps380d3612_de51851dce31564c52106ca680ee099c55977562.jpg

2. Sep 12, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    danteisme

danteisme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    no ideas besides what i'm thinking?

3. Sep 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    lagsalot2k

lagsalot2k Well-Known Member