Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Sound buffer/barrier

Old 09-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Sound buffer/barrier

i'm looking at purchasing my first house with my fiance, i think i found one we both like. it is the most house we are going to get that has a garage in our price range. the lot is not 100% ideal but i feel its manageable. the house is a corner lot with a signalized intersection in the front and a cul de sac in the rear. the house sits up about 10-15 feet higher than the road itself, and the front of the house it self is about 40 feet away from the state road right of way line. i should also mention that the house is sited backwards on the property lol. the rear of the house faces the cul de sac while the front faces the state road.

while walking around the house, there is still a good bit of noise that travels through the house. this could be amplified though since the house is empty right now and there is nothing to absorb some of the sounds. my question is, is there anything that could be done to further reduce the amount of road noise besides a 6' privacy fence with some evergreen plantings behind it? i understand some noise will still go through, just becuase it is a signalized intersection so there is at some point going to be traffic sitting in front of the house. here is a google earth image of the house.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
no ideas besides what i'm thinking?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
lagsalot2k is on a distinguished road
lagsalot2k's Tacoma Gallery
If your handy and feel like doing the work. Sound board throughout the exterior walls.
http://www.blueridgefiberboard.com/s...und-deadening/