Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

WHPLSH3's hobbyshop

Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
WHPLSH3's hobbyshop

Just finished install today!
Shop is 32X48, 16' 2X6 walls. 100,000 btu radiant heater coming in 2 weeks.
26X10 mezzanine/office on opposite side hopefully next year... the well is running a little dry!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice shop

Too bad about the DCSB
I chose 6 speeds instead of 6 feet, and I stand by my choice!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #5

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery

This was 1 week after concrete. Mezzanine to go offset to right side w/7 feet of clearance from bottom of floor to cement floor
Old 09-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice shop & truck!

I like your quote "I chose 6 speeds instead of 6 feet, and I stand by my choice!".

to 6 speeds!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so jealous, I wish I had the property to do this
Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #9

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
Very nice shop & truck!

I like your quote "I chose 6 speeds instead of 6 feet, and I stand by my choice!".

to 6 speeds!
Thanks!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHPLSH3 View Post

This was 1 week after concrete. Mezzanine to go offset to right side w/7 feet of clearance from bottom of floor to cement floor
Man, I would give my left nut to have a garage like that!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #11

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
I'm so jealous, I wish I had the property to do this
I'd been wanting this my whole life! The acerage came 7 years ago. When the mortgage came up for renewal, I thought "It's now or never!"
The builder was a year and a half behind their promised start date
Started beginning of November last year. Made me wait until this July to do the concrete... but worth the wait!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #12
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
Bonus is that it is done before the weather turns butt a$$ cold.
congrats on the shop, How about a outside pic.

traveled most of southern alberta and most of BC back a few years ago, beautiful country.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #13

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery

Looking west

Looking east

Looking south

Taken beginning of December last year
Old 10-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
VeeSix is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd US Infantry, 1983 - 87
Name: Ryan
VeeSix's Tacoma Gallery
Which lift did you go with?

How high do you need to plan for your ceiling to be if you have a lift like that? I'm thinking 12' might be OK? Or would you need to go 14'?
Old 10-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #15

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
This lift is the Q4P09XLT made by Quality Lifts (Qualitylifts.com). 9000lbs capacity, extended length & height. I didn't see a whole lot of negative reviews about these guys, and I'm pretty impressed with it for a hobby style unit. It's no Ammoco, but it'll last for what I'm doing for now.
Fully lifted, my truck has roughly 2 feet of clearance to the ceiling. Deck runner height on this model when fully extended is 85.5". Under deck height 80".
Their non-extended height model gives up 12" of lifting distance, which is still plenty to walk around underneath.
I needed the extra height so my New Holland TZ22DA boomer tractor will drive underneath
Old 10-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #16

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what kind of price difference there will be from Canada to the U.S., but this was $6400 installed incl. mileage (I live 75 miles out of the city) and an accessory jack worth $1000
Old 10-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #18
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Nice setup. I do like a lot of the versatility of the 4 post lifts. Did you get the two roller jacks that go across the middle? All of my lifts in my shop are two post lifts, but once we get the funds up I will be installing a big 4 post 10k with alignment plates and twin jacks. After that comes the big $$ for the alignment machine. That scares me. lol. Even used the good ones are not cheap.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #19

WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
I only got one roller jack. It's not air over hydraulic, but rather a porta-power style that has two stops designed in. 3500lbs capacity (model QRJ03H also from quality lifts). I will be adding the air over hydraulic pump to it at a later date.
Yes sir, alignment racks are very expensive! The top mechanic and best parts guy from the dealership next door to the bodyshop I run opened their own independent repair shop 3 years ago. Whenever we take something to them, I always quiz them about when they're gonna get one. They don't think the cost is worth it at this time, plus having a dedicated tech to do them...
Old 10-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
The rack itself isn't that bad. I can get them for about $3k. The computer alignment machine for $12k is what kills ya! lol.