Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Surface Rust Fix? (Estwing hammer / hatchet)

Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #21
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Fine sand paper or even steel wool to remove the rust, then you can clear coat it if you feel the need, or paint it. Either that or keep it oiled but I wouldn't use engine oil as mentioned above (although it will work). I'd use something like a 3 in 1 oil or gun oil if you have that.
this.

...i'd try using wd-40 and some fine steel wool to get rid of the rust, ...i'd try to stay away from sandpaper, especially the courser stuff that was mentioned earlier in the thread...

...i've been using rem-oil (comes in a spray can) to wipe down/coat my tools after using, ...especially wood rasps, as these seem to gather rust quickly if not cleaned (brushed out), ..i coat them w/ rem-oil after use...