Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

first welder?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #101
Jiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medic
Name: Micah
Jiveydude's Tacoma Gallery
If he gives you the tank, take it. When you go to fill it up at Praxair with C25 they will let you know if its good to go or not. If not, I believe they rent them.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #102
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
Thanks for the link!! I just sent him a text ill see what he says, can that 120 use gas As well as flux core? Edit it does use gas or flux core and he sayshe inverted a c02 tank to run on praxair, is this good?
This makes no sense as tanks don't change between CO2, argon, C25, etc. etc. The fittings only change. With that said you should be able to swap for C25. If you buy a tank, it is cheaper then renting in the long run.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #103
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This ya what he said when I asked I'm if it ran on gas

" Yes I turned the co2 bottle in to praxair but still have a roll of wire to go with it "

Then this " Ya it will plug-in to a 110 outlet the wire I have you would need gas (co2) You can get welding wire at Lowe's that does not require gas "

Maybe you guys can decipher it better then me haha.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #104
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This ya what he said when I asked I'm if it ran on gas

" Yes I turned the co2 bottle in to praxair but still have a roll of wire to go with it "

Then this " Ya it will plug-in to a 110 outlet the wire I have you would need gas (co2) You can get welding wire at Lowe's that does not require gas "

Maybe you guys can decipher it better then me haha.
The wire he has is mig wire which you use gas with. He was probably renting the tank so he turned it back in for his deposit back.

It will plug in to a standard house outlet. You can get the Flux core wire at Lowes that you can use in the welder w/o running gas.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #105
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh ok, I was mostly just wondering about the gas part if I have to use that particular gas or I can use different kinds..
Old 01-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #106
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
You can use Co2 or C25.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
You can use Co2 or C25.
And you can rent a tank for both of those? Does one burn hotter then the other?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:42 AM   #108
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
And you can rent a tank for both of those? Does one burn hotter then the other?
Most places around here you just buy them and swap them out when you need a tank. Co2 allows for more penetration. C25 is a cleaner weld.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #109
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
You can use Co2 or C25.
Depending on the wire he buys. Dual shield will work with Co2 and it will penetrate hotter, as medic stated. However it is going to have slag that will need to be cleaned off. If you get single shield you will want to run C25. This is cleaner but will not be as hot.

And that makes sense now. He returned his tank. I get all my wire, gas, torch attachments from prax. One stop shop for welding, plus my guy hooks me up since I used to go to him at least twice a week.

Get your clamps and tool elsewhere.

Products Discussed in this Thread