Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Winterizing Mower

Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Winterizing Mower

Its starting to get cold around here and wondering when I should winterize the mower for the season
Old 11-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Today? I dont think the grass is gonna grow much more this year (at least not around here.)
Old 11-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I just cut last weekend and am hoping it will be the last cut of the year.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking tonight would be a good time. Since its starting to freeze already
Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, run it out of gas. Put a fuel stabilizer in the tank with any fuel that's left. If your real nervous, start it for a few minutes every few weeks, not going to hurt anything.

I'm still using mine for helping with leaf clean up.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #6

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post
Honestly, run it out of gas. Put a fuel stabilizer in the tank with any fuel that's left. If your real nervous, start it for a few minutes every few weeks, not going to hurt anything.

I'm still using mine for helping with leaf clean up.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks man. Seems easier then changing the oil and everything else for now.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
I run non-ethanol with stabil in it at all times. THankfully our winters in the south are not very cold.. I do have to put antifreeze in my Rider though.. Water cooled Deere runs very quiet and lasts forever, but cannot forget to prep the radiator for the winter in the rare occasion we have a hard freeze
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
I just generally use an ethanol treatment such as Star-tron or Sta-bil as i use mine for leaves also. Typically change the oil in the spring before mowing season starts but i was bored Sunday and did a complete tune up on it. Mine is just a Craftsman 6.5hp pusher though. Ya'll probaly talking riders.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #9

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
I just generally use an ethanol treatment such as Star-tron or Sta-bil as i use mine for leaves also. Typically change the oil in the spring before mowing season starts but i was bored Sunday and did a complete tune up on it. Mine is just a Craftsman 6.5hp pusher though. Ya'll probaly talking riders.

I'm talking about a push mower.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I'm talking about a push mower.
Run it dry, fill it up with fresh fuel/Startron, and store it. I buy 93 octane fuel for my small engine stuff as well, seems to help.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #11
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
i run mine dry on gas and change the oil after the last cut so the dirty oil and contaminants dont sit in there all winter long.