Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Need some ideas to clean this

Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Need some ideas to clean this

So I found a bunch of tempered glass on the side of the road. I scooped it into a 5 gal bucket and I am in a bit of a quandary.

I need to somehow separate all the glass from the small to medium sized pieces of gravel. I've tried a few sifting ideas but the problem is a lot of the glass and rock are around the same size. I've also filled the bucket up with water and mixed it. It took care of a lot of the dirt but that is it.

What other things should I try?

Old 11-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
gas fire pit. I already tested out a few big pieces in it for about 30 mins to see if it will black or pop. The test was good

It is this or $50 for a 10lb bag of fire glass
Old 11-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have to ask why
Jewelry for the GF

Seriously, all I can think of is to manually sort it piece by piece.
Water has dissolved the soil/mud, the cat scooper has picked up anything larger than the holes, all that's left is material that is the same size as the glass particles. You can use a magnet to pick up anything magnetic, but that's probably not going to pull out anything since any nuts and bolts would have been picked up by the cat scooper.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Jewelry for the GF

Seriously, all I can think of is to manually sort it piece by piece.
Water has dissolved the soil/mud, the cat scooper has picked up anything larger than the holes, all that's left is material that is the same size as the glass particles. You can use a magnet to pick up anything magnetic, but that's probably not going to pull out anything since any nuts and bolts would have been picked up by the cat scooper.
unless it weighs the same as a duck
Old 11-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Rebuilding the windshield.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Rebuilding the windshield.
Hot glue, super glue, or duct tape?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hot glue, super glue, or duct tape?
Spray lacquer
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Spray lacquer
Aqua Net!

Attached Thumbnails
Need some ideas to clean this-poison20.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aqua Net!

I saw those guys in concert

Old 11-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aqua Net!

aqua net is amazing for mounting motorcycle grips, I could see it holding a windshield together.

OP I think you're stuck manually sorting here.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I would probably pay the $50 myself... Only thing I can think of is that you would need to pick out each individual piece
Old 11-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I would probably pay the $50 myself... Only thing I can think of is that you would need to pick out each individual piece
Ya... what's your time worth?

I wouldn't spend more than an hour to save $50.

Too bad I pay myself more than my boss does
Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
We need Keith to answer this question.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Can't you just throw it all into a fire? Rocks hold heat well.

Or melt it. I think the glass will melt before the rocks do. Then you will has extra touch screams windshield
Old 11-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #17
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
The thing is I need about 5 of those 10lb bags..so about $250 worth of fire glass I'm trying to save here
Old 11-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Chuck it in there rocks and all
That's what I was thinking.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Kids. If you know any that work cheap.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
The thing is I need about 5 of those 10lb bags..so about $250 worth of fire glass I'm trying to save here
So you're going to scavenge glass from the side of the road as a hobby ?