Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Table saw or miter saw?

Old 12-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #21
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
miter
Old 12-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #22
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
from my experience, unless you're spending top dollar on a miter saw, none of the lasers are accurate. nothing is more precise than an experienced eye.
Yeah, the reviews on this product say the laser is usually 1-2 mm to the side of where the cut is. I watched a miter saw video on YouTube a while back that suggested ignoring the laser and lowering the blade to the wood to see where it will contact, and to cut to the side of your marked line so you don't cut the wood shorter than you measured. So far so good. I'm no expert, but I have been having some fun with small projects.

My wife showed me this wine rack online, and I made her one from scraps I had in my garage. The website had the measurements and everything listed. I had some walnut stain sitting around. I bought a jigsaw with the miter saw, and this is the first time I cut curves into wood. For our anniversary in a few months, I'm going to build her an arbor with a swing. The stain looks a lot better than the picture.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Lasers are useless unless you are cutting framing material where it really doesn't matter if the board ends up 1/16" too long or short