Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Garage Mods

Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Garage Mods

What garage gadgets have you come up with? Tools, tool storage, flame thrower, etc...

I didn't invent this, but I love it! I was doing some power sanding in my house and I didn't want dust everywhere. This cheap air filter worked great. I have very little dust in my house. This could also be run all the time in the garage.

Supplies
Box Fan ~$15
20x20" Filter 3 for ~$8

All you have to do is place the filter on the suction side of the box fan. Feel free to tape it up. I use cheap filters and throw them out when they look dirty.

Attached Thumbnails
Garage Mods-img_6877-medium-.jpg   Garage Mods-img_6878-medium-.jpg   Garage Mods-img_6880-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ive used my hi lift handle as a breaker bar extension...does that count?

i also bought me one of these handy grill lights...its got a magnetic base so you can stick it anywhere on your truck (carefully...i put a piece of cloth between usually) and angle the light exactly where you need it
Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, that counts.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm......Im a little disappointed in myself.....I have no "Gadgets"......
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
what about the flamethrower....you can use it to get rid of just about anything
Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
what about the flamethrower....you can use it to get rid of just about anything
The flame thrower was dismantled.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
ok. Changed the title.

Anything that you have done to your garage to make it better now also counts.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
ok. Changed the title.

Anything that you have done to your garage to make it better now also counts.
Cool! Thanks you!

That being done, I have built shelves in our laundry room, and built some steel shelves in our shop. I will get some pics this weekend. Not of the laundry room, though.....Its a mess, and I dont want to try and organize it yet.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
cmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Craig
cmfranks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I'll have to take some pics.. I've done a bit.
just show your beer fridge when fully stocked. thats all that really matters
Old 03-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Well this one is for you motorcycly riders. Probably betteroff being sport bike and Dirt Bike riders because they are lighter. In my old garage we had an access to our atic we needed to suport our front wheel up pff of the ground so we could take the front tire off and get a new one mounted. we opened up the acces (this access shouldn't have fold out stairs.) We took some ratchet straps and wrapped them around the cross members on either side of the access and then hooked them up to the handle bars. Then we just ratcheted the front of the bike in the air. It was very solid it held the wheel straight. I wouldn't recomend doing this with the rear tire though.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
cmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Craig
cmfranks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
that's the problem, I keep drinking it down. Speaking of which, we need to grab a beer.
I second that

Call ya Sunday
Old 03-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #12
Beeg has a spectacular aura aboutBeeg has a spectacular aura aboutBeeg has a spectacular aura about

Beeg's Tacoma Gallery
Last summer I decided to put a window in the garage to let in some cool air

Old 03-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #13
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
I have lot's of gadgets! I'll have to take some pics, but setting up my new 100% USA made Weber Summit Natural Gas (from 100% USA gas wells) Grill. This thing is built like a TANK and very high quality!!!! I have become too distant from American quality......not cheap, but it beats the frickin shit out of the Chinese.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #14
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Parking was never this easy in High School

Parking made easy if you hang your balls properly.

You won't bump into the wrong parts if you do some research, and learn where the doors are. I just hope as time goes by, my balls don't sag too much.

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm digging all the posts here.

I try to rep all the ones with pictures. **hint hint**
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the bench I made and the tool board, the computer is gone for now, but you get the point.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
got bored one day and noticed i had an extra car radio just sitting in my shop and i went and "found" a battery charger and said to myself "i have a great idea"
so i made this(second pic)
and then i made a better one(first pic)
what better way to waist 500$
Attached Thumbnails
Garage Mods-100_0278.jpg   Garage Mods-100_0085.jpg