Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Ideas for new contruction

Old 12-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #41
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Ideas for new contruction

Most septic tanks , at least in my area , have a single intake for all the wastewater from the house , the septic tank itself is divided into 2 chambers , a primary and a secondary , the solids stay in the primary chamber , only liquid effluent should pass into the secondary chamber , from the tank the effluent then runs either directly to the disposal field in a gravity system , or into a pump chamber in a pressurized system .

Depending on the design / requirements / codes of the disposal field the effluent may also pass through a treatment tank before being released to the disposal field

If you do a system where you seperate greywater from blackwater ( poo ) , the disposal fields would be seperate for each system otherwise what's the point of seperating the greywater ?
Old 12-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #42
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Most septic tanks , at least in my area , have a single intake for all the wastewater from the house , the septic tank itself is divided into 2 chambers , a primary and a secondary , the solids stay in the primary chamber , only liquid effluent should pass into the secondary chamber , from the tank the effluent then runs either directly to the disposal field in a gravity system , or into a pump chamber in a pressurized system .

Depending on the design / requirements / codes of the disposal field the effluent may also pass through a treatment tank before being released to the disposal field

If you do a system where you seperate greywater from blackwater ( poo ) , the disposal fields would be seperate for each system otherwise what's the point of seperating the greywater ?
Unfortunate for me I just had to replace the pump in my dads grey water...I got to see the inner workings first hand. It's actually pretty cool once you get past the smell.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #43
03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
03DBLCABTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have a urinal in the garage and handicap toilet in the master for the easier height.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #44
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
At the time I built our home the tanks were one chamber, I installed the second tank to separate the solids and liquids, only liquids flow to drainage field as you know. The tanks may have two chambers now, I don't know.
I tried to plan for contingencies like family staying for a while which is why I installed oversized septic. I have friends and family that need to rent port-o-pots when having big parties or extended company, they have older houses but why not do it when building the house from start.
They have limited receptacles, hose bibs, low ceilings in basement and narrow halls and doors.

As for the rafters and no trusses OZ, I was not about to rent a crane, I can eventually finish two more rooms, and there is more area in the attic even if I don't finish it. Plus I won't do 2' centers on anything, 16" o.c. Maximum!
Old 12-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #45
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH7mi View Post
At the time I built our home the tanks were one chamber, I installed the second tank to separate the solids and liquids, only liquids flow to drainage field as you know. The tanks may have two chambers now, I don't know.
I tried to plan for contingencies like family staying for a while which is why I installed oversized septic. I have friends and family that need to rent port-o-pots when having big parties or extended company, they have older houses but why not do it when building the house from start.
They have limited receptacles, hose bibs, low ceilings in basement and narrow halls and doors.

As for the rafters and no trusses OZ, I was not about to rent a crane, I can eventually finish two more rooms, and there is more area in the attic even if I don't finish it. Plus I won't do 2' centers on anything, 16" o.c. Maximum!

Crane is not needed for trusses. Put a many of them up without a crane.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #46
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH7mi View Post

oh well that's not really an attic as much as future living space which you can do with attic trusses , having said that I hand framed the roof on my house so that we could have living space inside it , and like you I prefer 16" OC but I have no issue with trusses 2' OC , it's really just a function of spans / loading

16" OC creates more area for thermal bridging in exterior walls , this is where 1" styrofoam on the exterior of the framing really helps
Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #47
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTacoma View Post
Crane is not needed for trusses. Put a many of them up without a crane.
Copy that OZ, I had a lot of unpaid help on my house, I.e. unexperienced help, plus I do enjoy making rafters, stairs and the like.