1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Winch Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by seakayaker32, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Dec 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    seakayaker32

seakayaker32 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Peoria IL
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB
    TRD CAI, Anytime Locker Mod. Modified Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb exhaust (tail pipe cut off just past the rear axle). All Pro winch bumper w/Tuff Stuff Xtreme 12500lbs winch (don't knock it it was free) All Pro IFS skid plate Custom Transfer Case skid plate Old Man Emu lift Desert products chromoly uniball UCAs Rear Differential breather Mod. Front differential drop kit. Satoshi Grill Bushwhacker Fender Flares Wilschur VT series Tiregate Softopper SOS offroad concept sliders w/kick out. Cobra 29 CB
    Hi,

I've had a winch now for about a year and a half, and it has worked perfectly. I recently bought a new truck, installed my existing winch on the new truck, and now it will spool in, but all I get is a clicking sound when I go to try to spool out. Obviously, I've screwed up the wiring, but I've tried just about every configuration I can think of, and can't get it to power-spool out. I've also (of course) misplaced my owners manual and can't find one online to check the wiring diagram. Does anyone have a Tuff Stuff Xtreme, 12,500lbs winch (don't knock it, it was free), that would be willing and able to shoot a couple of pics of the wiring of both the solenoid and the winch motor?

It would be much appreciated.

Rich

2. Dec 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    Is yours the waterproof one? If so check to see if any o rings are ruined. Check loose connections maybe? If an o ring is damaged or twisted in its "seat" water could have gotten in it and shortened it out.

3. Dec 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
  4. Dec 16, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    seakayaker32

seakayaker32 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Peoria IL
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB
    TRD CAI, Anytime Locker Mod. Modified Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb exhaust (tail pipe cut off just past the rear axle). All Pro winch bumper w/Tuff Stuff Xtreme 12500lbs winch (don't knock it it was free) All Pro IFS skid plate Custom Transfer Case skid plate Old Man Emu lift Desert products chromoly uniball UCAs Rear Differential breather Mod. Front differential drop kit. Satoshi Grill Bushwhacker Fender Flares Wilschur VT series Tiregate Softopper SOS offroad concept sliders w/kick out. Cobra 29 CB
    I had screwed up the wiring, as I suspected. As usual, human error, not equipment failure.

Products Discussed in

To Top