Winch Wiring Help

Old 12-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
seakayaker32 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Richard
seakayaker32's Tacoma Gallery
Winch Wiring Help

Hi,

I've had a winch now for about a year and a half, and it has worked perfectly. I recently bought a new truck, installed my existing winch on the new truck, and now it will spool in, but all I get is a clicking sound when I go to try to spool out. Obviously, I've screwed up the wiring, but I've tried just about every configuration I can think of, and can't get it to power-spool out. I've also (of course) misplaced my owners manual and can't find one online to check the wiring diagram. Does anyone have a Tuff Stuff Xtreme, 12,500lbs winch (don't knock it, it was free), that would be willing and able to shoot a couple of pics of the wiring of both the solenoid and the winch motor?

It would be much appreciated.

Rich
Old 12-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Is yours the waterproof one? If so check to see if any o rings are ruined. Check loose connections maybe? If an o ring is damaged or twisted in its "seat" water could have gotten in it and shortened it out.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Found this.... Seems that jeeps run them more
Start reading at post 11
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...-winch-647252/
Check those areas our for ruined wires or corrosion, also the post about the winch line being wrapped correctly.