Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Bulbs

Old 12-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Bulbs

Are you all aware that the incandescent 40 and 60 watt bulbs are going away Jan 1
Old 12-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Are you all aware that the incandescent 40 and 60 watt bulbs are going away Jan 1
Say wut ?

Is that a US thing ?

EDIT. :

Guess not. ~

75W and. 100W on Jan 1

40W and 60W Dec 31 2014 for us anyway

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=9283419
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
Incandescent, yes, however, I am sure the cheap ones from Hungary and Poland will be available for quite some time after Jan 1...

Switched over to almost all fluorescent over the last few years in a couple of places I have lived, now LED is the big thing, and much better than fluorescent, just too damn expensive right at present...

Cree and its offspring will rule the world soon...
Old 12-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
Incandescent, yes, however, I am sure the cheap ones from Hungary and Poland will be available for quite some time after Jan 1...

Switched over to almost all fluorescent, now LED is the big thing, and much better than fluorescent, just too damn expensive right now...
I've already switched about 1/2 of our pot lights to dimmable LED
Old 12-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya the price of led's is way to high no tungsten filaments either. What drives that price so high.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
Supposedly the LED's will give a guaranteed 10 years + of use, no warmup time for full brightness like the fluorescent's....

And they use a little less energy than the equivalent fluorescent, plus disposal problems that the fluorescent's at present (the coating on the inside of the blubs) are diminished...

Heck, here in the states, high efficiency LED's array's are being used to grow the 420 greenery, much less heat, very user friendly for the grower, awesome output, but again, extremely expensive at present, but if you have deep pockets, not a problem....
Old 12-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The PAR30 LED bulbs in my place are 15W versus 50W halogens , the PAR20's are 8W versus 50W
Old 12-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
MiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MiniBike's Tacoma Gallery
LEDs. 40 & 60 watt (comparable lumens) are available everywhere and prices have really dropped in the past few months. I finally found some available in 100w (still almost $40 each). Definitely prefer the "daylight" spectrum.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
303hammy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
303hammy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.newcandescent.com/

this will solve your problem. I ordered a bunch of 100w from here.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303hammy View Post

think I'll head out to lowes today and see what I can dig up
Old 12-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303hammy View Post

Where are you needing 100W bulbs besides maybe a workshop ?
Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I sense a conspiracy afoot. Lava lamps are back in style with front aisle placement at several discount stores, but will there be incandescent bulbs around to keep them afloat?
Old 12-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I've been upgrading to LED as bulbs have become available to fit my applications.

As of last weekend, we are 100% LED upstairs except for the spare bedroom (still CFL) and my wife's closet. That's an 8-bullet Track system in the bedroom, one can on the landing, and a 4-light bar above the sink.

Downstairs, 4 in the bathroom, 4 in the ceiling fan, 3 track bullets and two of 4 larger track cans, the other two cans are still CFL that I'm expecting to die any time now (I can see pieces of the insulator on the inside of the dome).

Kitchen is the biggest draw. Still running three 2x4 tubes.

One of these days I'm going to have to rebuild the shower enclosure and put a couple of pots above the tub, as well as the kitchen to replace the old style panels with pots.

Front porch is an old-style (retro) 60w tungsten..
Guess I need to pick up a box of these....

Attached Thumbnails
Bulbs-old-fashioned-light-bulb.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I've been upgrading to LED as bulbs have become available to fit my applications.

As of last weekend, we are 100% LED upstairs except for the spare bedroom (still CFL) and my wife's closet. That's an 8-bullet Track system in the bedroom, one can on the landing, and a 4-light bar above the sink.

Downstairs, 4 in the bathroom, 4 in the ceiling fan, 3 track bullets and two of 4 larger track cans, the other two cans are still CFL that I'm expecting to die any time now (I can see pieces of the insulator on the inside of the dome).

Kitchen is the biggest draw. Still running three 2x4 tubes.

One of these days I'm going to have to rebuild the shower enclosure and put a couple of pots above the tub, as well as the kitchen to replace the old style panels with pots.

Front porch is an old-style (retro) 60w tungsten..
Guess I need to pick up a box of these....

I love retro
Old 12-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #15
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
I've been buying 60watt for the last month and stocking up.
Have like 10 boxes.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #16
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Bulbs are plants, I think you are referring to lamps.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Bulbs are plants, I think you are referring to lamps.

just bought another box of 60 watters
Old 12-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
60 watt bulbs aren't going extinct till the end of next year , no ?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
60 watt bulbs aren't going extinct till the end of next year , no ?

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/13/news...ban/index.html

I'm just stocking up. I don't like the govt telling me what kind of light bulb I can use.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to move towards these instead of the 60W incandescents , dimmable and 2700K

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/11w-...old-a19/828844