Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Toolbox paint???

Old 12-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Big Si is on a distinguished road
Name: Silas
Big Si's Tacoma Gallery
Toolbox paint???

Hi. I was wondering who has experience with toolbox restoration.

Recently my dad gave me a tool box cabinet. I think it might be the first cabinet he ever bought. It needs a little love and it will be good as new. After cleaning it up a little I found it is quite rusty. It needs new casters and to be sandblasted. Which brings me to my question. Can anyone recommend a good durable paint for a toolbox?

Thanks.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
As long it its sanded and prepped well I would look at something like rustolium Spray in bed liner I have refinished several Items with this and as long as it will spend most of its life in a garage you shouldn't have to worry about the sun bleaching out the collar. It will have a nice Flat black look that will look good with unpainted aluminum or chrome accent pieces.