Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Which 18V Drill should I buy?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and the radio isn't dumb at all. I have one for my Ryobi batteries. I use it all the time.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
If you buy the ridgid make sure you get the paperwork in on time or you lose the lifetime warranty. I've got a dead battery pack and didn't get it in on time so it's on me to rebuild the pack. Drill is great though. I don't have the lithium set though.

Friend of mine has the Milwaukee set and loves it. Great set, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #23
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
I would go makita, Milwaukee, dewalt...in order of how well they work. I own Hilti impacts and drills but I am not sure if they still sell them there. Makita has a clip that I wish every tool I own had.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #24
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Ridgid for the Lifetime Batteries..
Old 12-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #25
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
Panasonic...
Old 12-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #26
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG665 View Post
Ridgid for the Lifetime Batteries..
Only problem I have ever had with batteries was freezing or not using them. Normally my tools are shot long before the battery gives up. I believe he said its just for around the home so lifetime batts would be a nice benefit.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I've got 2 of the Dewalt 20v lithium combo kits with the 1/2" Drill and hex Impact driver's. We use them around my shop daily and have done so for about a year without any problems. They dont get treated the greatest either... Employee's never treat equipment like the person that bought the tool would. I dont really have experience with the others, but the dewalt's get my vote based on a few of the other Rigid and Makita tools I have and have used in the past.
They smell funny!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #28
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Makita . But I'm buying Milwaukee now a days .
Old 12-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #29
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a porter cable 1/2" drill and impact combo this go around. It was cheap and has a 3 year warranty. In 3 years some new fangled thing will be out that is a ton better, so if it outlasts the warranty I will be happy. I had a dewalt older model and the batteries all sucked so I was glad to get rid of it. Dewalt and porter cable are both black and decker anyway.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #30
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Dewalt XRP combo. I have the hammer drill with light and reciprocating saw. The batteries charge in an hour. I bought a corded circular saw because I didn't think it would last too long on batteries.

My only complaint about DeWalt is that their radios are too expensive for what you get. I really wanted a rugged shop radio that would charge my batteries, but there are other brands (Bosch?) that have a lot more features (more outlets, sound inputs, better sound, etc) for a lot less cash. I've even seen reviews where people said they bought different brand radios and connected a DeWalt charger to them. I'm disappointed every time I look at them at Lowe's. C'mon DeWalt!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #31
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
They smell funny!
My DeWalt tools don't smell at all.

To the OP, some of the newer drills have a belt clip on the bottom so you can hang it on your belt while you go up a ladder. You might want to check that out as well. I've been thinking about adding one to my kit. Trying to carry a drill and whatever you're working on up a ladder at the same time isn't fun.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Makita . But I'm buying Milwaukee now a days .
x2

just got an M18 Fuel hammer drill/impact combo kit
Old 12-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
I should probable mention I'm trying to stay in the $200 range since its just for DIY. I'm not a pro of any sort and dont expect to use it every day.
Ryobi with the new lithium batties fits perfect then.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #35
ramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really nice

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post
My DeWalt tools don't smell at all.

To the OP, some of the newer drills have a belt clip on the bottom so you can hang it on your belt while you go up a ladder. You might want to check that out as well. I've been thinking about adding one to my kit. Trying to carry a drill and whatever you're working on up a ladder at the same time isn't fun.
Mine smell too. I'm selling my used Dewalt tools if anyone would be interested. Cordless. Used. Going to get me rigid.

I work in the plumbing industry and we go thru Dewalt and Ryobi like water thru paper. Porter cables and rigid last us longer
Old 12-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #36
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
My votes for the Dewalt. I have the 20v hammer drill and it is awesome. It can break your wrist I swear. I have the bigger battery so it seems to last forever on a charge. I use mine almost daily at work, and don't treat it gently, drops bangs etc. Tough as nails, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #37
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by na8rboy View Post
Panasonic...

I used to swear by Panasonic , just recently replaced it all with Makita
Old 12-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #38
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
They smell funny!
Just until they get some use and are broken in
Old 12-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #39
ramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really nice

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I used to swear by Panasonic , just recently replaced it all with Makita
I didnt know panasonic made power tools
Old 12-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #40
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO makita makes the best cordless drills/impact drivers. Get a impact with a brushless motor if you use it alot

Products Discussed in this Thread