Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build 33'X33'

Old 01-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #21
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery

I sided it a different color that my house. My hose has very old aluminum siding that has been chaulking for the last few years.

I plan to remove the aluminum on the house and side it with vinyl of the same color.

I am VERY fortunate to have the resources available through friends and my prior occupation (I was in construction for years) to use their equipment.

Stuff I borrowed,

-Plate compactor
-Proctor wall jacks
-wall brackets
-Roofing gun
-Heavy duty metal brake (this was not an ordinary sider's brake, friggin' heavy)
Attached Thumbnails
File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-img_20130807_195400_176.jpg   File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-img_20130807_195417_231.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #22
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Why no overhang on the ends? Why 10x8 doors instead of 9x7? Other than that looks great! Just remember the old garage mantra: "once it's built, it wasn't big enough!"
Old 01-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #23
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
My father and I built a 2.5 car garage in the late 90s... had a blast doing it and learned a helluva lot... only work we had done for us was pouring of the foundation.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #24
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post

What's the story with no underlayment on the eaves ?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #25
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No fascia board yet.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #26
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice man. I wish I had that kind of talent and resources available.
At least it didn't end up looking like the shed of doom: http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...s-I-don-t-even
Old 01-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #27
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Looks nice man. I wish I had that kind of talent and resources available.
At least it didn't end up looking like the shed of doom: http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...s-I-don-t-even
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #28
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
No fascia board yet.

Bingo!

I didn't have the ice and water shield on hand then... I did leave the botton edge of underlayment loose to tuck the shield under it.

Overhange on the gable ends??..... I have it matching the house (roof pitch and gable overhang).
Old 01-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #29

Thanks for the compliments guys.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Why 10x8 doors instead of 9x7?

I feared my wife would run into a doorjamb, so I figured for wider doors.

The single door on the house is 9'X7', she never felt comfy using it.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #31
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I feared my wife would run into a doorjamb, so I figured for wider doors.

The single door on the house is 9'X7', she never felt comfy using it.
I WISH my Fiancé was afraid of parking in the garage... She's way too confident. Confident enough to routinely park inches away from my work benches. I need to go find her keys if I need tools or to get in my drawers. And, since we're doing a bunch of work to the house, that's quite often!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #32
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. My dog and I could live comfortably in a garage like that. haha
Old 01-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandGrenade View Post
I WISH my Fiancé was afraid of parking in the garage... She's way too confident. Confident enough to routinely park inches away from my work benches. I need to go find her keys if I need tools or to get in my drawers. And, since we're doing a bunch of work to the house, that's quite often!

LOL

We went down to Hawthorne recently to visit her mother and parked in mom's garage (9X7) and she drove in so s l o w l y, it was painful to watch.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #34

Before the pour...

Attached Thumbnails
File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-img_20130903_185448_192.jpg   File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-img_20130903_185538_332.jpg   File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-img_20131004_081133_509.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #35
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
You fly model planes?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #36

A detail I did to eliminate any 'J' channel around openings...

Attached Thumbnails
File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-pc310082.jpg   File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-pc310083.jpg   File IFR's 2-Car Garage Build  33'X33'-pc310071.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #37
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
LOL

We went down to Hawthorne recently to visit her mother and parked in mom's garage (9X7) and she drove in so s l o w l y, it was painful to watch.
Yeah, I hear you. I'm a truck driver, so when we go places, I hate to drive. The only problem is, I hate being the passenger even more!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandGrenade View Post
Yeah, I hear you. I'm a truck driver, so when we go places, I hate to drive. The only problem is, I hate being the passenger even more!

Me too. That's a 3 hour ride for us too, and I'm the passenger in her car.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
You fly model planes?

Yes. Full sized and turbine model jets... best of both worlds.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #40

Quote:
Me too. That's a 3 hour ride for us too, and I'm the passenger in her car.
Nope, I can't do it. I just drive.