Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Tacoma bed drawer

Old 01-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma bed drawer

So after seeing these drawers online for $1800+, I decided to make my own. I am a cabinetmaker by trade and my Taco is my work truck, it only made sense to organize my tools and keep the bed surface clear for material. I didn't take any pics during construction but its design is pretty much the same as a cabinet drawer, only with some mac-daddy full extension guides that pull out 5ft and support 500lbs. Heres some pics from today after I loaded it with my stuff and then put carpet on the plywood deck.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Overland Kid Hauler
Qumodo is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Evan
Qumodo's Tacoma Gallery
good work. looks great
Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet

How is the case attached to the truck ?

Where did you get the slides ?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Sweet

How is the case attached to the truck ?

Where did you get the slides ?
Bolts thru the bed and guides from my local cabinet hardware supplier.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosedog View Post
Bolts thru the bed and guides from my local cabinet hardware supplier.
Nice

I haven't seen any over a 48" extension
Old 01-10-2014, 04:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice

I haven't seen any over a 48" extension
http://knapevogtwp.kv.com/wp-content...AB-41-8900.pdf
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #7
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice work man!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #8
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work. Very impressive.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #10
velillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to all
Name: Nick
velillen's Tacoma Gallery
very nice! Ive been thinking of doing one similar to that bu just with half the width of the bed and leave the other half for shovels, skis, and stuff like that
Old 01-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #11
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
very nice! ..i had no idea there were extension slides w/ that much reach!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #12
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Great job. True craftsmanship.