Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Renovation Realities - show on DIY Network

Old 01-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery

Ever watch that show? I was home sick and bored a few weeks ago and somehow got hooked watching a string of these in a marathon.

I am certainly no master craftsmen but unbelievable what some folks do. Evidently they just film someone remodling part of their house and don't give them any help or tips, just film the process and the drama. (it is usually some couple doing the work alone so they fist fight through the whole project).

One couple was redoing the kitchen and all that was really needed IMO was new flooring. But they insisted everything had to go, cabinets sheetrock, 4 year old but wrong color appliances, everything. I would have taken the cabinets because they were pretty nice but she was set on removing and donating them to goodwill. The guy pulls out an open end wrench and starts working on the hex-head lag screws. So it takes him 30 minutes to get one screw, they get frustrated and demolish the cabinets instead with a sledge hammer.

And yes, the new counters might have been nice but the new cabinets looked like a downgrade from the original to me.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

I'm serious

I'm not sure to what degree it's staged but I watched a guy trying to cut a block wall with one of those chainsaw masonary saws , he had never used one before and was standing on the top of a step ladder cutting above his head with the saw , he caught the 6x6 angle iron that was supporting the window opening and it yanked the angle right out of the wall hitting him and sending him flying off the ladder , saw still running